What Games/Sequences are we/They missing of yet ...?

Have Tron related some news? Post it here!
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

What Games/Sequences are we/They missing of yet ...?

Post by Techromancer »

Hello,

Weeellll, let's see. What could they have done in 2.0, but hey 2.0 was and IS great. (Not to mention the mods) but more importantly what COULD they have done in the *ahem - ...* cough * OTHER game that they either did a bit lame (IMO..) or still didn't do?

Well, lets see.

TANKS! - How about being able to hijack and pilot one? Move around the inside and sit in the pilots chair, see out of the veiwer as well as switch to outside views? - not to mention a little more Tank presence in the game even when on foot. Granted, those segments when riding a cycle and the tanks came out were cool, but still it would be pretty sick.

HAi-Lai " Ring Game " - a cool segment of the movie and an interesting idea. I personally don't think it would be hard to emulate, but you have to wonder how does one aim at that reflective plate on the ceiling - that presents a bit of a conundrum. It's not my favorite by a longshot, but still.

Disc-Arena " surrounded " - Granted, in the awesome UE mod - you bright folks managed to touch upon this with such a thing and it, well - the whole damn game, both parts was awesome in relaity. My only critique about this small segment was that the arena was small and the opponents too close. Possibly there is a technical reason for this, but in the movie they are far more paced away from each otherand had more freedom of movement.

Recgonizer Piloting - we all know Recogs are cool and some of my best memories of 2.0 are the section where you are running around During "Packet Transport" on that Recog, I almost get misty about it. T-( (LOL) Seriously, I am sure I am not the first to wish we had a chance to pilot & steal a Recog like Flynn did, I thought it was worth mentioning in my nostalgica fantasy wish - list.

Again, I am sure many, many of us and others have already talked, thought or dreamed abotu this. I thought it woul be fun to re-mention.

Be good people T;)
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Re: What Games/Sequences are we/They missing of yet ...?

Post by xistence »

Techromancer wrote:HAi-Lai " Ring Game " - a cool segment of the movie and an interesting idea. I personally don't think it would be hard to emulate, but you have to wonder how does one aim at that reflective plate on the ceiling - that presents a bit of a conundrum. It's not my favorite by a longshot, but still.
Yes, i 'emulated' that type of game once with my map 'rebound' (1:1 re-creation of the film scene). They only things different:
- You don't have those gloves
- You're not playing with a ball (instead it is the disc)
- You're prevent to shoot your opponent directly as there were a barrier between both sides BUT you were able to use the ceiling (as in the film)
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: What Games/Sequences are we/They missing of yet ...?

Post by TronFAQ »

Techromancer wrote: Recgonizer Piloting - we all know Recogs are cool and some of my best memories of 2.0 are the section where you are running around During "Packet Transport" on that Recog, I almost get misty about it. T-( (LOL) Seriously, I am sure I am not the first to wish we had a chance to pilot & steal a Recog like Flynn did, I thought it was worth mentioning in my nostalgica fantasy wish - list.
This is something I'm going to try and address in User Error 3. I have plans for a section where you actually pilot a Recognizer. You're in control. I hope I can pull it off. However, this will not be a case of being able to freely roam across an entire map. It's simply not possible. But it might be possible in a more limited way.
Disc-Arena " surrounded " - Granted, in the awesome UE mod - you bright folks managed to touch upon this with such a thing and it, well - the whole damn game, both parts was awesome in relaity. My only critique about this small segment was that the arena was small and the opponents too close. Possibly there is a technical reason for this, but in the movie they are far more paced away from each otherand had more freedom of movement.
This is something else I think we should do again in UE3. There were limited instances of it in the previous UE missions, but I'd like to see a more drawn out battle that lasts longer.
Again, I am sure many, many of us and others have already talked, thought or dreamed abotu this.
Definitely. After Tron 2.0 came out, the first thing I thought was: "Well, it is very good, but where are the drivable Tanks and Recognizers? Where's the section where you can roam around freely on a Light Cycle?" and so on. They addressed a couple of these points in Evolution, but managed to screw them up. The Tank sections in Evo are incredibly short, and your view perspective is third-person outside the Tank. Yawn. The Light Cycle driving portions were again incredibly short, and you were completely restricted in where you could go. More yawn.

Driving a Light Cycle around freely, off the grid, is something else I want to address in UE3.