LDSO MODS!!! PLEASE READ/REPLY ASAP!!!

Have Tron related some news? Post it here!
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

LDSO MODS!!! PLEASE READ/REPLY ASAP!!!

Post by HangmanEXE »

Heya Guys

Well I know I have been making comments around the boards where I was claiming to have been busting my butt trying to get some site attention and activity, well now I have proof. AND!!! I have finally managed to get some bigger sites attention lined up that might stir some more activity here for the EXTREME better!!
It took me some time to do, but I have been having a dialog with DIRT over at the PopCulture Network site located here...

http://popculturenetwork.com

... and you NEED to contact DIRT on their forums. This is why...

DIRT is a super cool guy, is also the site moderator, and podcast host for a SCORE of VERY popular podcasts that MANY ppl in the 20-40 age group view daily! So this would defiantly score the site some needed activity and some much deserved screen time that might even go even further to help the site!
I have sent him a few emails and during them I invited him to come over here and hang out with us here as he is a HUGE TRON FAN jsut like us and has done multiple reviews for all kinds of TRON memorabilia and toys an comics!
Well to cut to the chase he wants... well here is his reply...

DIRT:
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply this time. I've been trying to go through your site and there's a LOT to see and I LOVE IT! I was recently wondering if TRON 2.0 would run under Windows 7 and now I have even more reason to try it!

Just curious... would you be willing to come on our VGLosers show some time to talk about the TRON 2.0 game, your modification expansion pack, running the site, etc...?

TRONFAQ you need round up the LDSO gang and discuss this an see if any of you would be interested in doing this. I think it would be very improper of me to accept myself on your behalf not being a mod of the site.

Here is a link to the VGLosers show he was refering to...

http://popculturenetwork.com/index.php?topic=VGLshow

[its a podcast that ALOT of ppl watch! It talks about older video games, usually hidden obscure/unknown gems to help boost the sales of those older games]

... here is a link to his profile on there message boards so you cna contact him!
[I am attempting right now to get a direct email link so that you may contact him directly!]

http://vglosers.conforums.com/index.cgi ... rname=DiRT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... just tell him that your intern Replikor passed this along to you, lol, since your the site moderators!

I REALLY hope this helps some guys! He seems very interested in you being on the show!

T=| (EOL)
In my day we didn't need these fancy R,G,B, LCD an 3D colors!
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Re: LDSO MODS!!! PLEASE READ/REPLY ASAP!!!

Post by HangmanEXE »

I appologise for the double post, but I have obtained DIRT's email address so that you can contact him directly!

I need whomever wishes to be the spokesman[s] for the LDSO group to PM me here and I will pass along his personal email address.
I promised to keep it private so I cant post it in the open reply.
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Hey Hangman, long time no see/talk! How are you doing these days? T-)

Gotta say, very cool of you to go to this trouble. I'll have to talk to the rest of the team and see who might end up being spokesperson on our behalf. I tend to do a lot of the stuff trying to promote our site and projects, though.

Please feel free to send me the e-mail address to get in contact with VGL, and I'll say thanks in advance on the team's behalf.

This is probably the first time anyone has really taken an interest in our site and projects. Well, we actually were contacted once by someone on behalf of PC Gamer magazine. Back around the time Tron Legacy was in theaters. There was a possibility of being mentioned in the magazine. But that person never followed through.
Load81
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange

Post by Load81 »

Awesome! Nice to see some interest in our site and boards! FAQ, let us know what he says to you. You've been a great ambassador of Tron 2.0 so I think you are the right choice for an interview. T-)
ldso:// Load"*",8,1
http://www.fraglesstees.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ldso.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Email with Contact information was sent to your PM inbox here TRONFAQ. Please let me know if it arrives or not.

TronFAQ wrote:Hey Hangman, long time no see/talk! How are you doing these days? T-)

Greetings Programs!

I am doin pretty well FAQ, staying pretty busy sadly, too busy I think. Between the girlfriend and my grandmother and father who are BOTH dealing with SERIOUS Alzheimer's [ya both of them are in the same household... an both developed it at "roughly" the same time]... which entails me sticking around there place ALOT to help them so they dont get hurt trying to do stuff they cant now... so with all that I am staying pretty busy.
I will tell ya, I REALLY do wish my butt was here alot more often than I am of late and that I had time to work on a map or model at the moment... got that Dedit itch BAD... That flippin TRON Uprising show has me wanting to make a Legacy/Uprising Style Recognizer, and General Tesler Cruiser so bad I can taste it, lol.
..plus I miss hanging out with all of you guys! I miss the ol gang here!

By the way! I spotted that new User Error Expansion on Facebook... looks awesome so far guys! I am highly excited to see Jeremy still computes...somewhere in an ancient part of the system! I am highly anticipating its release! [IF] you guys need any help with anything an time will allow for it, I am always on call if you guys get too bogged down.

TronFAQ wrote:Gotta say, very cool of you to go to this trouble. I'll have to talk to the rest of the team and see who might end up being spokesperson on our behalf. I tend to do a lot of the stuff trying to promote our site and projects, though.

Please feel free to send me the e-mail address to get in contact with VGL, and I'll say thanks in advance on the team's behalf.

Not a problem at all TRONFAQ, just because I am not here dosent mean... that I am not here in mind my digital with my digital brothers!
I promised to get some some new members and some site attention, and I always try my VERY best to keep my promises... well that is if my old super forgetful butt can recall I made the promise... lol.
But, seriously, I just personally believe that this is a VERY under-loved great game an the work that ALL of the fans here and all of the LDSO have done to keep it alive DESERVES the attention!

TronFAQ wrote:This is probably the first time anyone has really taken an interest in our site and projects. Well, we actually were contacted once by someone on behalf of PC Gamer magazine. Back around the time Tron Legacy was in theaters. There was a possibility of being mentioned in the magazine. But that person never followed through.

Well DIRT is a SUPER TRON Fan, so his interest is legit!
DIRT isnt "TRON GUY" super fan level... but he is still a AWESOME TRON fan.. an he will often say that as well... but I think he says that just so ppl wont know he is dressin up in a program suit at home! I know I would if I had one that fit my old butt... lol

T=| (EOL)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Good to hear that you're doing well, for the most part. I know what you mean about family stuff, though. I didn't really tell anyone outside the LDSO team, but about 4 years ago my mom suffered a stroke and almost passed away. A lot of things conspired together so as to cause things to not go so well for me, back then. It was a bad time. But, on the whole things are better now.

Anyway, yeah I can see that Uprising is generating interest in Tron again. And though it's understandable that it takes something new to get people excited and involved again, it would be nice if they'd stick with what they like for a time. Rather than always move on to the latest, new shiny thing.

I'm not referring to anyone here, but just today's generation of fandom as a whole. So much stuff is treated as disposable. Out with the old, in with the new. When we should continue to cherish what came before. Particularly if it was exceptionally well done for the time. Like, I have no problem with watching old TV shows or movies going as far back as the 60s and 70s. In fact, sometimes I find them more entertaining than what's out there today! There's too much flash now, and not enough substance. Tron 2.0 (flash yes, but also substance) and Tron Evolution (just flash) are perfect examples of that.

It's cool to hear that DiRT is a fan of Tron, himself. Though, yeah, I don't think any of us are Super-Mega fans. You certainly wouldn't catch me in a Tron suit like Tron Guy. I'm not THAT devoted. T-D

P.S. Though I asked you before, I'd like to ask again: is it okay with you if I include your Sark Carrier as a prefab in an updated version of the editing tools?
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

TronFAQ wrote:Good to hear that you're doing well, for the most part. I know what you mean about family stuff, though. I didn't really tell anyone outside the LDSO team, but about 4 years ago my mom suffered a stroke and almost passed away. A lot of things conspired together so as to cause things to not go so well for me, back then. It was a bad time. But, on the whole things are better now.

Anyway, yeah I can see that Uprising is generating interest in Tron again. And though it's understandable that it takes something new to get people excited and involved again, it would be nice if they'd stick with what they like for a time. Rather than always move on to the latest, new shiny thing.

...ya. sadly the generation before us an after seems ot be like that ALOT anymore... I personally think we all have just gotten spoiled with the web anymore.

TronFAQ wrote:I'm not referring to anyone here, but just today's generation of fandom as a whole. So much stuff is treated as disposable. Out with the old, in with the new. When we should continue to cherish what came before. Particularly if it was exceptionally well done for the time. Like, I have no problem with watching old TV shows or movies going as far back as the 60s and 70s. In fact, sometimes I find them more entertaining than what's out there today! There's too much flash now, and not enough substance. Tron 2.0 (flash yes, but also substance) and Tron Evolution (just flash) are perfect examples of that.

It's cool to hear that DiRT is a fan of Tron, himself. Though, yeah, I don't think any of us are Super-Mega fans. You certainly wouldn't catch me in a Tron suit like Tron Guy. I'm not THAT devoted. T-D

??? What no TRON suit with a big reflective FAQ on the front at home? lol

TronFAQ wrote:P.S. Though I asked you before, I'd like to ask again: is it okay with you if I include your Sark Carrier as a prefab in an updated version of the editing tools?

As always ALL of my models/map items/parts are available for use as prefabs if any one wants and/or needs it! If you guys even wanna step in an polish the carrier up even further, I am even fine with that also!
Like I always said, I just want to add more stuff for ppl to use! Never know when that one map/prefab item might keep someones interest in modding!

So its known... you guys sharing the original Movie Recognizer model file so that I could play around with it in DEdit was what did it for me an kept me here and trying, and wanting to learn more!
So I am MORE THAN FINE with you guys adding it into the prefabs!

Let me know if you need a updated one with Sark at the helm... I cant recall off the top of my head if the one on here atm has that currently or not.... prob have to check it.

T=| (EOL)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Just something semi-related to some of the discussion in this thread, that I came across. It's an opinion piece from the L.A. Times.

Millennials seem to have little use for old movies

The author talks about exactly what I've been talking about. How the youth these days don't care about anything that came before they were born. Unless it's the latest, new, shiny thing, it's not interesting or important. And he's right about why they feel like that. It's because the latest new pop culture phenomenon has become merely an excuse to socialize with each other, and to feel relevant. If you're into the latest releases, then you're hip, cool, with it. If you still talk about old things, you're out of touch.

Instead of, you know, actually appreciating something for what it is. Its achievements in cinematography, storytelling, special effects, artistic merit, whatever. Nope! T-p