Tron 2.0 Digital Download

Have Tron related some news? Post it here!
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Tron 2.0 Digital Download

Post by deeahchur »

(GREETINGS)

To help a friend, I looked up some resources for digital download of Tron 2.0, and the following are results my research.

http://tron-2-0.en.softonic.com/

About: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softonic.com

http://trondatacore.webs.com/

How to Download:

(EOL)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Re: Tron 2.0 Digital Download

Post by TronFAQ »

Okay, first off . . . THAT MUSIC. 8-O Augh. My ears are bleeding.

You know, a few years ago I probably would have deleted this topic. In fact, one of the other LDSO members might still delete this. But it won't be me.

At this point, I don't care any more. TRON 2.0 has long since been abandoned by Disney. You can only find used copies, if you want to buy it. There's no official, sanctioned source like GOG.com where you can actually buy it new.

I'm sure the kid that posted that video meant well, but there are just too many hoops to jump through. May I suggest a better source?

http://www.legendsworld.net/site/downlo ... irror=4011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's no need to use the crack. Just install the Unofficial patch, Killer App, and the Multiplayer fix if you want to play online. Plus, User Error and any other items like the Map Pack, Disc skin mods, etc.

For some reason, he was under the impression - at the time he made that video more than two years ago - that Multiplayer wasn't working any more. So he was recommending Hamachi to play. It was completely unnecessary back then. BVG shutting down their servers, years prior, had no effect on things.

Of course, now it's a different story. Which is why I recently had to put together the Multiplayer fix. :-?
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White

Post by deeahchur »

(GREETINGS)

T-O I have to admit I wouldn't know about the music. I had my sound on mute at the time and was using my phone to rock out to the Tron Uprising soundtrack.

Considering the recent decommissioning of Game Spy, I wasn't too worried about downloads of Tron 2.0, and I agree that Disney probably doesn't care or isn't looking too closely. T-p

Thanks for the additional link. I'll pass it on to my guildie.

(EOL)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

I still have my original disks if anyone needs or wants an ISO of them. (For archival purposes, of course!)
First installation still asks for the CD KEY. I have mine. You have to get yours on your own.
(Is that the right answer?) T-D
This space intentionally left blank.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

At this point, any CD-Key will do for installation. It doesn't have to be a unique one any more. With Gamespy having dropped support: I'm pretty sure that when you play Multiplayer, the master server doesn't check keys. It should be ignoring all traffic from TRON 2.0 servers now. So you won't get kicked for having a pirated key.

And even then, there have been repacks made by pirate communities, where the installer was replaced with a new one that doesn't ask for a key. But most original ISOs you can download of the game provide a key in a readme, so it's not really necessary to bother with a repack.

Nor the crack, since the Unofficial patch bypassed the CD check long ago.
MrChris
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by MrChris »

deeahchur wrote:(GREETINGS)

T-O I have to admit I wouldn't know about the music. I had my sound on mute at the time and was using my phone to rock out to the Tron Uprising soundtrack.

Considering the recent decommissioning of Game Spy, I wasn't too worried about downloads of Tron 2.0, and I agree that Disney probably doesn't care or isn't looking too closely. T-p

Thanks for the additional link. I'll pass it on to my guildie.

(EOL)
(GREETINGS)
I think that TronFaq's right, (YES) also 'cause you can find the game on Steam at a very reasonable price LOL , then pirate it it's something really for dudes m-( 'cause Tron don't deserve all this. Th( However, as already mentioned, you can't connect to servers. So the most plausible option to do is buy it, or gift it to your friend....

__o-o

"Hope to find you on the Grid, Programs !"