Monolith Productions includes TRON 2.0 in 25th Anniversary

Have Tron related some news? Post it here!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Monolith Productions includes TRON 2.0 in 25th Anniversary

Post by TronFAQ »

Monolith Productions changed their banner on Facebook and Twitter to include TRON 2.0, for their 25th Anniversary. Nice! (I also especially like NOLF, Shogo, and FEAR too, of course!)

And Monolith is having two contests (so far).

One is where the person who submits the fastest time, in a speedrun video, for one of the indicated games (TRON 2.0 being among them) can win one of several exclusive posters, specially made for Monolith’s 25th Anniversary.

The speedrun video submission doesn’t have to beat the current record (which is 1h 40m 29s for TRON 2.0, at the time I’m writing this). It just has to be the fastest time submitted to this contest.

This contest ends October 24, 2019.

The other contest is to see who can submit the most artistic screenshot for the games indicated (with TRON 2.0 again being among them), the prize being a 25th Anniversary T-Shirt and signed print of their submission.

This contest ends October 22, 2019.

I’ve already tried coaxing digitalfrontiers into submitting some of his gorgeous screenshots of TRON 2.0, but haven’t received a response yet …

There’s also apparently further surprises in store for Monolith’s 25th Anniversary, when it comes to celebrating their classic titles. So there will likely be more TRON 2.0 related content from them, to follow.
Load81
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange

Re: Monolith Productions includes TRON 2.0 in 25th Anniversa

Post by Load81 »

I would need a lot of practice before trying a speedrun. It's been too long since I played Tron 2.0. But it is nice to see Monolith recognize Tron 2.0 in their anniversary. T-)
ldso:// Load"*",8,1
http://www.fraglesstees.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ldso.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Load81 wrote:I would need a lot of practice before trying a speedrun. It's been too long since I played Tron 2.0. But it is nice to see Monolith recognize Tron 2.0 in their anniversary. T-)
I thought about submitting a speedrun, but I probably wouldn't have fared too well myself. T-D

At least they were only looking for the fastest submission to their contest, and not asking people to beat the all-time world speed record. Phew.

And, yeah, I was actually kind of shocked that Monolith celebrated their 25th Anniversary, by talking about their older games. They seemed to go out of their way not to talk about them, in the recent past. Particularly, any of their titles that used licensed IP (Aliens vs. Predator 2 and TRON 2.0).
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Monolith recently released some new concept art for TRON 2.0 I'd never seen before, as part of their 25th Anniversary celebration. I asked for, and got permission, from Monolith to share this new TRON 2.0 concept art. In return, they asked that I provide a link to their Official Monoilith Productions Discord channel, where the new art originated from.

Here are a couple of samples, of the TRON 2.0 concept art that Monolith released.

Last year, for the 15th Anniversary of the release of TRON 2.0, I put together a package on behalf of LDSO containing — among other things — concept art, and made it available to download. The majority of the content in this package is what I've personally managed to collect, and preserve, over the years. But since Monolith released more concept art, I've updated the package to include the few new pieces of art Monolith provided.

Find a download link to the TRON 2.0 15th Anniversary download package (now including Monolith's released concept art) here.

I also found out that my friend digitalfrontiers, whom I convinced to enter Monolith's screenshot contest, was one of the winners with his TRON 2.0 entry! So congratulations to him! He wins a Monolith 25th Anniversary t-shirt, and a print of his screenshot autographed by Monolith Productions staff!

Here's a screenshot from Monolith's official Discord channel announcing his win. (He's shown as Nautilus here on Discord.)

TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

In the video above, current and past staff of Monolith Productions are discussing how they're still going strong after 25 years! (And one of the original founders, Jace Hall, made an appearance!) T-]

And in the 25th Anniversary stream Q&A section, I asked (at 1:54:15) what Thorne's initials "J.D." meant. It was never revealed in the TRON 2.0 game, marketing, or other related merch. Remain hopeful I'll get a definitive answer. !YES! (YES)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this!

So, you might remember that I let digitalfrontiers know about the Monolith Productions 25th Anniversary screenshot contest. As it turns out, he was one of the winners! And in an incredible gesture of generosity, he decided to gift his contest prizes to me. T-O

Thank you digitalfrontiers!