What's the highest version possible at the end of the game?

Have Tron related some news? Post it here!
xenobuzz
Registered users
Registered users

What's the highest version possible at the end of the game?

Post by xenobuzz »

I've been playing the single player journey recently and tried out the Gold Cheat at the start on the Insane Difficulty just to spice things up.

At the end, my version was 10.0.0.1.

Is that highest version possible? I finished all the lightcycle grids without skipping and made sure that I talked to all necessary NPC's, but I recall reading a walkthrough years ago that said the highest version at the end of the game was higher than what I have above.

Thanks very much!
"There is no end, no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life." -Federico Fellini
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: What's the highest version possible at the end of the game?

Post by TronFAQ »

The highest version number you can get in TRON 2.0 is v10.0.3.

That's if the game is fully patched and up-to-date. If the game hasn't been patched to v1.042, then the highest score you can get is v9.8.3. (The Steam release is already v1.042, but the Retail Disc and GOG releases aren't.)

There were mistakes in a couple of the levels that prevented players from reaching v10.0.3, before the last update for the game was released. Myself and some other players pointed out that it was impossible to reach any higher than v9.8.3 to the producer of the game (at Buena Vista Games) way back in 2003, and this resulted in the problem being fixed.

We knew the highest score should be v10.0.3, because a walkthrough guide published by BradyGames said that was the maximum score achievable. And it only made sense that you should at least be able to reach v10.0.0, since v9.8.3 was kind of a strange place to stop at for Jet's maximum version number (from a game design standpoint).

Also, it doesn't matter if you skip Light Cycle races or not, as that won't affect your score at all. Monolith was generous in that regard. T-)