Again with the breaking, this time more major

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
artao
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Again with the breaking, this time more major

Post by artao »

<sigh>
hi, it's me again, with yet another problem. this time i truly suspect the answer will be total re-install.
what happened is this.
yesterday my hard drive crashed, hard. i would have had to totally re-install windows IF i hadn't had a 3 week old ghost-image of my OS and C: drive. TRON 2.0, however, is installed on my H: drive.
here's the rub.
i can't uninstall the Killer App mod so i can re-install it so it works properly, because windows doesn't even know it was ever installed. when i try to just install K.A. over the top, it says it's already installed and quits.
i seem to have the higher resolution and some other features, but on the start-up screen there's no guy who throws his disc at the screen. i'm rather doubting K.A. is 'properly' installed at this point, and really does need a re-install.
i'm guessing here that hand-removal of the K.A. components would be a bit ... difficult ... and that a full re-install of TRON 2.0 is the best way to go about fixing this problem.
<sigh>
sorry to post yet another problem on my end, this one my own fault for not creating a ghost-image since I installed K.A. (and a few other things).
thanks in advance for any help, even if that help is to say "re-install" :D ::::)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Again with the breaking, this time more major

Post by TronFAQ »

I don't think you're going to need to reinstall the game. Just the mod.

When you restored your Windows install from a backup image, the registry entries for Tron 2.0 probably reverted to a state from before you installed the mod. Which is why it's not quite working properly any more.

In fact, it should be possible to get everything working again just by editing the registry. But it would probably be quicker and easier to simply reinstall the mod.

This topic explains how to delete the Retail folder so you can install the mod again.
artao
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Re: Again with the breaking, this time more major

Post by artao »

WoWoW Look at that, another AWESOME!!!! TronFAQ you rock!! Thank you. :D :::)
I feel like such an ass for not looking in that thread, but never in a million years would've guessed that my problem was actually covered anywhere. heh heh .. uh .. .yeah. :oops:
Anyhow, it's all working properly again, with just the deletion and re=install of K.A. ... amazing to me that that's all it took. YAY 8-)
and i have now made a new ghost-image of my C: drive .... have yet to get Steam re-installed, but that's waiting on their slow-ass tech support.
<ahhhhhhh>
::::) ::0