Does Tron 2.0 work on Windows 8?

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Does Tron 2.0 work on Windows 8?

Post by TronFAQ »

Because this question is inevitably going to be asked by many people soon: I thought I'd tell you the results of my personal experience installing and running Tron 2.0 on Windows 8.

The answer is, yes. It works perfectly, as far as I can tell.

In fact, it even runs better than it did on Windows 7, if you can believe that. On Windows 7, the game would take a few seconds to load and start. On Windows 8, the game loading and starting is almost instantaneous. Despite all the added crap (Metro aka Modern UI) in Windows 8 that I don't like, I will admit that Microsoft has managed to thoroughly optimize Windows by this point.

Despite that, I don't recommend upgrading to Windows 8 at this time. (I wrote more thoughts about Windows 8 in another message post.) Stick with Windows 7, particularly for gaming. If I change my mind, I'll let you guys know.

I've updated the Tron 2.0 Mini-FAQ, to mention Windows 8 and to fix some broken download links.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Does Tron 2.0 work on Windows 8?

Post by TronFAQ »

Long and boring, but it shows whatever roadblocks I hit (if any) attempting to get both games to run.