Client MFC has stopped / Win 8

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Client MFC has stopped / Win 8

Post by Techromancer »

Hi folks,

Typically when playing LC - sometimes I get the lil window "Client MFC has stopped working". To make matters worse, closing the Tron 2.0 window with a right click on the taskbar produces nothing. Also, I cannot launch task manager - or actually it does launch but when I select it - nothing. I eventually have no choice but to do an emergency shutdown and reboot.

Any ideas on this would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Happy Trails!
|___| |___| |___| |___| |___| __o-o
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Client MFC has stopped / Win 8

Post by TronFAQ »

There are a couple of things you can do to avoid a hard reset or shutting down, if the game crashes and you can't get back to the desktop.
  • If you press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously, it makes the Task Manager appear. In the Task Manager's Options menu, select Always on top so a checkmark appears beside it.

Now, if the game crashes and you hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc, the Task Manager window will appear on top of the crashed fullscreen window of the game. Instead of being hidden behind it. Now you can try closing the game via the Task Manager.
  • Another option is to hit the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys simultaneously, then click Cancel. This will break you out of the game's fullscreen window and allow you to see the desktop again. From there you can try closing the game on the Taskbar.