stuck in crouch?

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

Just an idea:
Maybe there is a worldmodel (with irregular shape) in that map which is using BoxPhysics flagged? 'Cause of its shape its bounding box is affecting much more then it would w/o BoxPhysics set to false.
Because of that and if you accidently get low enough while moving, some might 'slip' under the bounding box and cannot get up again. Had this sometimes if i didn't payed enough attention while working with a worldmodel.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
NicolA.exe

Post by NicolA.exe »

I know i'm not worth to take part into this discussion as of not being a developer in case mod/map making & therefore not having any knowledge with Deedit aswell. But my curiosity now starts to bite at me. So i no longer can't avoid to put in my question. :oops: If i'm not misstaken i read that Usererror can be played with any avatar of ur choice. If that is true & if only the prefered avatar from a tool causes the problem then why doesn't he play a different one as for a workarround ? :)

Of course i know thanks to him LDSO is now aware of this bug & therefore they can investigate deeper what they for sure will. However...if i would be him i wouldn't allow the bug to destroy the fun. I simply would switch to an another avatar & the problem is solved just for a while. I don't think that with every avatar this annoying bug would happen. What ya think ? :???:
a tool
Registered users
Registered users

Post by a tool »

I haven't tried a different avatar. I'll give that a go.
death_program
Registered users
Registered users

Post by death_program »

How do you change the avatar?
NicolA.exe

Post by NicolA.exe »

death_program wrote:How do you change the avatar?
Are u kidding ? :P
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Umm, you can't change the avatar (aka character) in Single Player. In User Error, you always play as Jeremy. And in the normal game, you always play as Jet.
NicolA.exe

Post by NicolA.exe »

That's correct TronFaq but as i didn't played UE i supposed the mod maybe does offer that option with selecting avatars as it is it's own single-game. So i couldn't have known for sure. As i above-mentioned i have no insight reguarding the "what's possible without sourcecode & not". The killerap get's new avatars to select for & it's possible even without holding the sourcecode in the hands. So this is how my guesswork did flowing. :oops:

I admit that i was in hurry & that the avtar, used by "a tool" in his videos didn't look to me exactly like Jet. So this too gave me a room for wrong interpretation.
a tool
Registered users
Registered users

Post by a tool »

tronfaq wrote:Umm, you can't change the avatar (aka character) in Single Player. In User Error, you always play as Jeremy. And in the normal game, you always play as Jet.
Yeah, I looked everywhere. I should have come back here and said so, but you always play as the same character. :?

I haven't had any other problems with it so far. It's a wonderful mod. That small glitch in the beginning hasn't stopped me from fully enjoying it. :-D