The Missing maps and addons at the Downloads

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
SalesKital
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: No
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

The Missing maps and addons at the Downloads

Post by SalesKital »

I noticed that some addons were missing on the download page. I was hoping on trying to put them into the demo since I don't have 2.0 yet.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: The Missing maps and addons at the Downloads

Post by TronFAQ »

I don't know whether or not custom maps or mods will work with the demo. It's something I'd have to try for myself. It's possible they may work in most cases. I certainly encourage you to try. In the meantime, I'll also investigate if it's possible.

However, one thing I do know for certain, is that even if the custom maps will load in the demo: they cannot be used to play online multiplayer with people who are using the full version of the game. The demo and the retail versions are not compatible with each other online. So custom maps in the demo will be of limited use.

Regarding the downloads on the site. Right now, the download section isn't completely up to date. This is something we're hoping to address in the near future. We've been planning upgrades to our site for a long time, but progress on implementing them has been slow. All parts of the site will likely be upgraded eventually, however. In fact, we just recently completed updates to our forum.

In the meantime, you can find download links to pretty much all the files here:
http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all ... place.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SalesKital
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: No
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by SalesKital »

Thanks. I found an ancient disc download and tried to install to the demo but no luck there.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Yeah, that's one of the things I knew for certain that wouldn't work with the demo.

I can tell you, right off the bat, what won't work:
  • Ancient Disc Mod
  • Capture the Bit (CTB TDM)
  • Killer App Mod (when it gets released)
  • REZ Handler
  • Tron 2.0 Editing Tools
For the rest: maybe, maybe not. I'll do some brief tests and see how it goes.

EDIT: After doing several tests, the answer is no. It's not possible to use any custom user-made content with the demo. The demo doesn't find any maps or mods if you install them like you would for the retail version. And even after forcing the demo to see the maps and mods (there is a way), if you try to load any of them the demo will crash.