MCP wont let me party!

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
cryogen4000

MCP wont let me party!

Post by cryogen4000 »

Hi! ok! i have only ever played tron2.0 over len with friends though when i go to host a game my server will not appear in the list... as it cant connect to gamespy? I believe i have opened all the right ports but still nothing please help!! ::::) ::::) ::::)
cryogen4000

Re: MCP wont let me party!

Post by cryogen4000 »

Yeah! im running on windows vista...on a wireless connection.? i have given full permission to both TRONSrv.exe/Lithtech.exe added UDP ports 27888 and 27889 and also the following sets........

'GameSpy Custom UDP Pings' /13139
'GameSpy Master Server UDP Heartbeat' /27900
'GameSpy Master Server List Request' /28900
'GameSpy Connection Manager & Search' / 29900
'GameSpy GP Search Manager' / 29901
'GameSpy Query Port' / 6500
'GameSpy Dplay UDP' / 6515
'GameSpy Voice Chat (Optional)' / 3783
'GameSpy IRC Chat (Optional)' / 6667

and still no party? :(
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

You only really need ports 27888 and 27889. It sounds like you've set things up properly in your software firewall, but perhaps not your router? If you have one, that is. But since you said you've got a wireless connection, it makes it sound like you do.

Try visiting portforward.com, and select your model of router from the list. Then look at the guide on how to forward ports for F.E.A.R., it uses the same ports as Tron 2.0. Where it shows you what TCP and UDP ports to open, add 27889 in addition to 27888.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

I always have the same issue, except I keep doing something wrong on portforward.com and I can't get it to work.

Maybe someday, maybe... lol
http://timewastergames.blogspot.com

Timewaster Games = teh w00t :D
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Just to be clear to everyone, nothing you do on the portforward.com site will affect your router. It's just a guide to show you what to do. You have to actually log into your router using your admin name and password, and make the changes shown.

That's where the manual for your router comes in, if you still have it. It tells you how to log in, using the default admin name and password. Unless they've been changed already, perhaps by your ISP.

Portforward.com does have a tool you can download, though, that automates configuring your router. But it's not free.

It would be nice if each router worked exactly the same way. Then you'd be able to write a one-size-fits-all tutorial for a game like Tron 2.0. But every router is different, so it's impossible to do that.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

tronfaq wrote:It would be nice if each router worked exactly the same way. Then you'd be able to write a one-size-fits-all tutorial for a game like Tron 2.0. But every router is different, so it's impossible to do that.
No, that will never do. It's not confusingly complex enough and understandable by someone without a degree in computer technology. Why would ANYONE want that kind of router?!?
http://timewastergames.blogspot.com

Timewaster Games = teh w00t :D