How do you link REZ handler to Tron 2.0?

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
Mastercylindr
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Yellow
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

How do you link REZ handler to Tron 2.0?

Post by Mastercylindr »

Yo Programs! I recently rezzed in here. I just got Tron 2.0's newer version to work, and I have a problem so plz help.

How do you link REZ handler to Tron 2.0? I downloaded some map packs, installed them on the handler, but I go to Multiplayer and every server says I don't have the maps. What gives?

Thanks
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: How do you link REZ handler to Tron 2.0?

Post by TronFAQ »

Not sure what you mean by "linking" it to Tron 2.0. REZ Handler automatically checks for the presence of Tron 2.0, and creates the folders necessary for maps and mods to be placed in. Then you install maps or mods with it, and every time you run the program it checks to make sure the game is running okay. (i.e. You haven't gone over the .REZ limit or haven't forgotten to disable a mod.)

When you go to install maps, it automatically puts them in the right place. But you must use the "Install Map" feature to install maps correctly, and not the "Install Mod" feature. Maps and mods are not the same, and the program can't automatically tell them apart. Map packs also need to be made active in order for the game to see them.

I wrote a guide showing how to install maps. Is this the process you used to install them? You can ignore the part about hosting maps, but the early part about installing them applies. Though going to the map hosting screen lets you see if the maps have been installed properly.

Also, where did you get the maps from? Did you get them from this page? All the map packs you can download from that page are all up to date.

If you install the Unofficial patch, it allows you to use more map packs at once. You can install the Unofficial patch over top of the Official one.
Mastercylindr
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Yellow
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Re: How do you link REZ handler to Tron 2.0?

Post by Mastercylindr »

now that I think about it I may have just not installed the correct maps. I know I did everything else right.

thanks.