Accidentally installed Official Patch (what to do?)

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
Divmontru
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Accidentally installed Official Patch (what to do?)

Post by Divmontru »

Hi, awesome people I finally stumbled across!
Before knowing any better, though, I downloaded and installed the official patch, and don't see it listed under Vista's control panel list of programs to uninstall. What's the best way to get switch over to the unofficial, better patch?:
A) Uninstall and reinstall original game, then install unofficial patch.
B) Install the unofficial patch over the top of the official one (sounds doubtful).
C) Some other method.

I don't want to break the game... logic often dictates doing option A, and it's not that I'm asking because I'm too lazy, but rather I have had a game and a similar issue where the uninstall got rid of the game but not the patch, and I wound up having registry issues or something even after manually deleting files, and I couldn't get the game to work right afterward. So, I just wanted to ask first, since I plan on some hardcore multiplayer involvement :D

I was already able to play some awesome disk/derez rounds with my first opponent Pacmandu my first night -- a total thrill. This whole experience of finding the community started out by my glancing thru old VHS tapes at a thrift store I went to for a Halloween costume piece or two. To my surprise, someone had accidentally placed a fully intact copy of Tron 2.0 in with the video tapes -- for $1 !!! This is turning out to be the best bang for a buck I'll ever get in my life. Thanks to everyone for picking up where Disney and Buena Vista sort of dropped the ball and left off!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Accidentally installed Official Patch (what to do?)

Post by TronFAQ »

Just install the Unoffical Patch over top of the Official one. You shouldn't have any problems doing it that way. I've done it myself before.

Yeah, $1 for Tron 2.0 is a steal. It's worth way more than that. But it's always nice to get a bargain. :D
Divmontru
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Re: Accidentally installed Official Patch (what to do?)

Post by Divmontru »

Thanks -- it works fine; I tested it w/o the disk in the drive, and while I was at it, campaign-wise, got to Jet v1.8.9, 2nd "official" light cycle competition (not counting training / picked up my super lightcycle tonight, hehe). :D <-- happy noob!
I look forward to installing 13 multiplayer maps.