MacPlay version

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
tronrose
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

MacPlay version

Post by tronrose »

I was looking for the MacPlay version of this game on eBay and I noticed that the picture of the box shows the "PC-CDROM" label which leads me to believe that the game can also be installed on the PC. What exact differences are there between the MacPlay version and the PC version when it comes to retail packaging?

I found a "Mac Installer" for the game on this site: http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=19782

Could I use this to install my PC Retail version onto a Mac?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: MacPlay version

Post by TronFAQ »

No, the Windows version of the game can't be installed in OSX. MacPlay just took the same box from the PC version and stuck their logo on it along with a Mac OSX logo.

The Mac Installer is essentially a patch. It allows the game to install on OSX 10.4 (Tiger). Without it, you can only install the game on OSX 10.3 (Panther). The game doesn't work on 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

I usually recommend that if someone owns a Mac with an Intel processor, that they use Boot Camp and install the Windows version of the game instead. It's easier to find if you want to buy it, and it works with all the custom maps and mods out there.

But except for the difficulty of getting user-made content to work with the Mac version, the two play the same and are compatible with each other online in Multiplayer.
tronrose
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by tronrose »

Rats!

My friend has 10.5, so I guess I won't bother looking for a copy. How MAC always complicate things. lol!
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Dang, relatives mac was updated to 10.5. Now I'm out of luck while visiting. I wonder if it's worth toying with it to see if I can get something going.