v1.1 Game Bugs

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
agentexeider
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

v1.1 Game Bugs

Post by agentexeider »

I found a few bugs, and this thread could also be a master lists of bugs found.

the game will crash at random intervals, and usually its at the same time as some of the level geometry won't draw correctly, like panels and other level geometry will half draw, and look like triangles, or not draw at all, for example the final battle, the geometry didn't draw so I had to battle the fcon monster in seemingly empty space.

I guess I can give away one of my seven doomsday devices and still be feared!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: v1.1 Game Bugs

Post by TronFAQ »

agentexeider wrote:the game will crash at random intervals, and usually its at the same time as some of the level geometry won't draw correctly, like panels and other level geometry will half draw, and look like triangles, or not draw at all, for example the final battle, the geometry didn't draw so I had to battle the fcon monster in seemingly empty space.
Sounds a lot like a classic case of your graphic card/chip overheating. If you disable the mod, play the game without it, and this still happens: it's not the mod.

These are the current issues/bugs I'm aware of. All of them are relatively minor, so far.
  • Forgot to mention in the readme that the game needs to run in Administrator mode on Vista and 7.
  • One broken file link in the readme.
  • A certain setting that gets adjusted for widescreen, was not set right for resolutions at 1920x1200 or higher. This leads to a weird effect when you look up and down vertically. It can be easily adjusted by editing one of the game's settings files (it's a text file).
  • Forgot to shift Gamespy logo to the left on the server list Join screens in 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios, which has resulted in logos overlapping due to TRON 2.0 logo now being wider.
  • The color selection in Single Player Light Cycles is not set to the first new Light Cycle color, creating the impression that all Light Cycle colors are locked (although this is not the case).
  • The Play button on the Custom Play tab in Single Player Light Cycles is absent in widescreen resolutions when it should be there.
  • Not disabling the the new Light Cycle colors before disabling the mod as a whole, results in the color selection becoming frozen in Single Player Light Cycles.
For people who are having problems in Tron 2.0:

On nVidia cards
  • Download and install nHancer.
  • Choose the Tron 2.0 profile in nHancer. You may need to edit the profile so it points to the Lithtech.exe executable. Apparently, it is pointing to TRON.exe instead which is wrong.
  • Enable Triple buffering. (Thanks to Duncan Harris for this tip.)
  • If you experience corrupted or missing geometry (e.g. the Light Cycle grid floors are missing), try hitting Alt-Tab to leave the game and then come back. There is definitely some kind of problem with Nvidia's recent drivers when it comes to Tron 2.0. (Thanks to Stevedroid for this tip.)
On ATI cards
  • Disable Adaptive Anti-Aliasing, it causes graphic anomalies in the game.

For people who are having trouble getting the widescreen working properly:

Turning on Nvidia GPU scaling
Turning on ATI GPU scaling

Other things to try:
  • In your Tron 2.0 folder, highlight Lithtech.exe, and click the right mouse button. Click Properties, choose the Compatibility tab, and select Windows 98 or XP compatibility. For some reason, a few people have reported that this helps. But the majority of people have not needed to do this.
  • Visit this message topic on our LDSO forum:
    Things to try if the game crashes with a "Client MFC" error

Download the file mentioned and run the registry script. But only do this as a last resort if the other suggestions didn't help. It forces Tron 2.0 to reset all its settings, and you will lose your preferences that you set in the game.
agentexeider
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by agentexeider »

its not my card i assure you, when I play the game without the mod enabled its fine. but when i play with it enabled it occurs, not to the point of being annoying, but enough where it should be mentioned.

ps. i tried the Client MFC fix and am playing the campaign again too see if that fixed it.

addendum: the crashes are related to the client MFC crash, and there is still geometry errors. the light cycle grid sometimes doesn't draw, it seems to be the texture on the geometry, the geometry itself is still there just not visible.
I guess I can give away one of my seven doomsday devices and still be feared!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

agentexeider wrote:addendum: the crashes are related to the client MFC crash, and there is still geometry errors. the light cycle grid sometimes doesn't draw, it seems to be the texture on the geometry, the geometry itself is still there just not visible.
Out of curiosity:
  • What version of Windows are you running
  • What video card/chip do you have
  • What version of driver are you using for the video card/chip
  • How much memory does your computer have
  • How much memory does your video card/chip have
sgarcia513
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: None

KA Mod bugs

Post by sgarcia513 »

Couple of issues I'm seeing:

- Can't actually run the game in 1920x1080, it will only run at 1600x1200. It's running full screen, just heavily stretched. It's the highest resolution the game will allow me to go, where do I go about manually adjusting the settings without uninstalling and reinstalling?

- Haven't been able to adjust my performance ratings; i.e. the health, energy, etc. I was able to adjust one single health box, but after that the arrows don't respond. The meter shows full so I'm not sure if there's a problem. One the screen, I've noticed the "Clear", "Show Tooltips" settings are actually under the Utility add-ons which means I can't click on them. I'm not sure if this all relating to resolution issue or not.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Radeon 5770
Core2Quad Q6600
8gb RAM

Any help is greatly appreciated.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Re: KA Mod bugs

Post by TronFAQ »

The easiest thing you can try: run the Mod Manager, disable the mod, enable it again, then quit or play. This will reset the resolution to what you chose when you installed.

You cannot use the menu option in the game that changes the resolution. It will only allow you to select resolutions with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Both of these things are mentioned in the readme.
sgarcia513 wrote:- Haven't been able to adjust my performance ratings; i.e. the health, energy, etc. I was able to adjust one single health box, but after that the arrows don't respond. The meter shows full so I'm not sure if there's a problem. One the screen, I've noticed the "Clear", "Show Tooltips" settings are actually under the Utility add-ons which means I can't click on them. I'm not sure if this all relating to resolution issue or not.
The menus and HUD have been reconfigured for a 16:9 aspect ratio, but because you're currently running the game at a 4:3 resolution (1600x1200) everything is wrong. The tip above about the Mod Manager will probably solve this.

If not, take a look at an earlier post where I talk about GPU scaling.
tronman63304
Registered users
Registered users

Post by tronman63304 »

im trying to install on my new laptop with win 7 and when i got to install KAMod it says i have to run tron 2.0 atleast once before i can install KAMod, and i have but it still gives me this message, i have tryed useing it in admin mode and all but still geting it
while hacking his computer and arguing with the MPC tronman was shot with a laser from behind and digitized. when half digitized a message window poped up and it read
fatal error file canot be transfered click ok to cancel
WARNING file will be lost
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Well, the installer needs to modify some files in order to install. If any of them are missing, you'll get that error message. Running the game should normally create all these files.

You should have:

autoexec.cfg
display.cfg
launchcmds.txt
Player.txt in the Profiles folder
Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

- "New Light Cycles Unlocked" from the mod launcher causes all of my lightbikes to show up as "?". I can only play lightbikes with them disabled.

- The color/skin selector doesn't seem to be consistent. No matter what combination I try, I can't seem to give myself a green program suit.
Jizaboz

TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Are you running the game under WINE in Linux? I have no way of guaranteeing it will work as expected under emulation.
Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

Oh no, no... only my server runs Linux at this time. The machine I'm using to play KillerApp is running Windows XP x64. Last night my power supply went out though, so I'll be out of commission for about 3 days :/
Jizaboz

TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

I've been getting some reports of the new Light Cycles not being unlocked. Which is rather odd. Why does that one thing not work, when everything else works perfectly for most. It doesn't really make sense. If the Light Cycles weren't unlocked, then edits made to other files shouldn't have worked either.

I haven't heard from anyone else that selecting colors was an issue, so far. Also very odd.
Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

I just reinstalled TRON 2.0 on a Vista laptop. Upgraded it, ran it. Installed User Error and other mods, ran it again.
THEN installed Killer App 1.1.
It seems to run fine except that I can ONLY use the new cycles and the original cycles are all locked.
Weird, huh? I don't even have the default blue cycle so I can unlock the others.
Not too worried about it. I stink on ice with the LC's anyway, but I was poking around and thought I should mention it.

On an unrelated subject, DEdit is resisting all attempts to install on the Vista platform.
Specifically: the Lithrez batch file TFaq made doesn't work.
I don't think it's the batch's fault, though. Command line usage of lithrez fails too.
I'll just continue editing from my XP based desktop. I never cared for Vista anyways. >:(
This space intentionally left blank.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Meatsack wrote:It seems to run fine except that I can ONLY use the new cycles and the original cycles are all locked.
That's the way it's supposed to be: except that by unchecking "New Light Cycles Unlocked" in the Mod Manager application, you should to get the original colors back. If that's not working, then something is indeed wrong.

The reason for swapping the original and new colors back and forth, is because the game has a hard-coded limit on the number of Light Cycle colors in Single Player. It can't handle all the original and new colors at once. This doesn't affect Multiplayer, mind you. All the colors are available there at all times.
On an unrelated subject, DEdit is resisting all attempts to install on the Vista platform.
Specifically: the Lithrez batch file TFaq made doesn't work.
I don't think it's the batch's fault, though. Command line usage of lithrez fails too.
Yeah, Microsoft renamed the "Program Files" directory that contains 32-bit files, on 64-bit versions of Windows, to ""Program Files (x86)". So the batch file often needs to be edited now.

But Lithrez should work on Vista. It's used during the installation of the KA Mod.
tronman63304
Registered users
Registered users

Post by tronman63304 »

tronfaq wrote:Well, the installer needs to modify some files in order to install. If any of them are missing, you'll get that error message. Running the game should normally create all these files.

You should have:

autoexec.cfg
display.cfg
launchcmds.txt
Player.txt in the Profiles folder
sorry for my delay, i have all these files first 3 in the main tron2.0 folder last is in the profiles folder, still same result
while hacking his computer and arguing with the MPC tronman was shot with a laser from behind and digitized. when half digitized a message window poped up and it read
fatal error file canot be transfered click ok to cancel
WARNING file will be lost