v1.1 Game Bugs

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
WhoKnows
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Red
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: v1.1 Game Bugs

Post by WhoKnows »

In widescreen (1440x900) the play button is not properly moved in the custom match screen of single player light cycles. The Back button is fine but I can't start a custom light cycle match because the play button can't be seen. The preset matches are fine.

And bugs that really have no real bearing on playability. If you disable to mod in the mod manager without disabling the "new light cycles" option you will see screwed up light cycles in the choose light cycle screen of single player light cycles. If you make sure "new light cycles" is disabled first then there is no problem.

Also will there be/is there a way to disable every feature on the mod except widescreen support (mostly for comparisons sake)?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

WhoKnows wrote:In widescreen (1440x900) the play button is not properly moved in the custom match screen of single player light cycles. The Back button is fine but I can't start a custom light cycle match because the play button can't be seen. The preset matches are fine.
It's the same way even without the mod. The Play button isn't displayed if any tab other than Circuit Play is selected. So it's not a bug that's been introduced. Just go back to the Circuit Play tab so you can click Play. (Mind you, none of the custom maps that have been made work with Single Player Light Cycles anyway. They have to be played in Multiplayer.)
If you disable to mod in the mod manager without disabling the "new light cycles" option you will see screwed up light cycles in the choose light cycle screen of single player light cycles. If you make sure "new light cycles" is disabled first then there is no problem.
Yeah, the same thing happens on the Player setup screen in Multiplayer. It's something I can change in the next version. But it's not a gamebreaker, because if you click one of the arrows the game will then start showing you the models that are still available without the mod.
Also will there be/is there a way to disable every feature on the mod except widescreen support (mostly for comparisons sake)?
In the Tron 2.0 game launcher, click the Custom button. Remove the X in the checkbox beside the word Retail and click OK. The mod is now partially disabled, but widescreen will mostly still be intact. However, the cutscenes will not be correct unless you re-enable the mod fully and some HUD elements will no longer be corrected for widescreen either.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Well, I double-checked the part about the Play button on the Single Player Light Cycles screen and it seems you're right. And unlike the Multiplayer section, clicking the arrows in Single Player Light Cycles doesn't show the remaining models. So you were right there, too.

My mistake. Sorry about that. They'll both get fixed in the next version of the mod.
drkirre
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: None

Post by drkirre »

As with a previous poster, I'm having rather unpleasant issues with quickload breaking textures. A rather painful example is in the Power Oculus, on the bottom when aligning lenses; a single quickload was all it took to turn half of the panels into deranged triangles, whilst the other half simply... ceased existing. I'm quite certain this isn't an overheat issue, as both Speedfan and Rivatuner are showing my graphics card at a steady 51c (well within normal operating temperature for this model). Is there any known way to fix this, save restarting the game?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

drkirre wrote:Is there any known way to fix this, save restarting the game?
Stevedroid mentioned that using Alt-Tab to leave the game and then come back, seemed to eliminate the corrupted geometry problem until the next load.

He also did tests on the game patched and unpatched, with and without the KA mod. None of which made a difference for him. But the one factor that seems to be common in all reported cases of corrupted geometry, is the use of an Nvidia card . . . is that what you're using?

The only explanation that makes sense to me, is that the latest drivers on certain recent models of Nvidia card is causing this corruption, and that Nvidia probably needs to fix something in their drivers.
drkirre
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: None

Post by drkirre »

Indeed it is, a 9600.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

As a bit of a followup to this "corrupted geometry" issue, I just stumbled across this.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvi ... river.html
Improves compatibility for older PC games (DirectX 7 to DirectX 9) running on Windows 7 (examples: Gothic, Gothic II, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, Links 2003, Independence War II - Edge of Chaos, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge).
Seems that Nvidia is aware of the fact that older titles aren't working that well with their latest drivers, hence this new beta that specifically mentions fixes for old games.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Another followup regarding the corrupted and missing geometry issues.

I just recently switched from an ATI card to an Nvidia card. On the ATI card, as long as I disabled Adaptive anti-aliasing, Tron 2.0 worked perfectly. No problems.

On my Nvidia card (GT240, but it should apply to all Nvidia models), I haven't experienced any corrupted geometry yet. I have seen missing geometry, though, like Light Cycle floor grids gone missing as was mentioned in the first post of this topic.

After some experimenting, it seems that turning off Ambient Occlusion solved the problem for me. It's still too early to say for sure that it's a solution, but since then I haven't seen any missing geometry. I'll keep checking to see if it's been a permanent fix.

To implement this change yourself, I really recommend downloading and using Nvidia Inspector instead of using the Nvidia control panel. Inspector gives you better control and more options.

After running Nvidia Inspector, click the button with an icon that looks like a wrench and screwdriver. By default, it lets you change the Global Settings which will be applied to all games. If you don't want that, click the little down arrow to the right of the profile name and select Tron 2.0 from the list, and the settings you change will only be applied when Tron 2.0 runs. But you'll need to click the icon that looks like an "A" with a plus "+" sign on it and add Lithtech.exe from your Tron 2.0 folder to the profile. Then click the "A" with the red "X", and click next on TRON.exe to remove it from the profile.

Change all the settings to the way you prefer, but under the Common section make sure the "Ambient Occlusion setting" is set to off and "Ambient Occlusion usage" is disabled.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

I spoke too soon. Changing the Ambient Occlusion settings didn't actually help. In fact, nothing helps. I've tried countless settings, rolled back to 258.96 drivers, updated to the latest 260.99 drivers . . . no difference. I also tried the game without the KA mod to confirm again that it's not the problem. It isn't. The same thing happens without the mod.

There's a problem with Nvidia's drivers when it comes to Tron 2.0. Loading takes longer than it did on my ATI card (even with maximum performance set, though it does help) and when, for example, a Single Player Light Cycle map has finished loading, part of the rez-in animation is often skipped. Also, sometimes the floor is missing.

The only thing that has worked, is Stevedroid's tip about hitting Alt-Tab to leave the game and then come back. Doing that resets the renderer and all the geometry is corrected.