Cres.dll error and Custom Map troubles

Don't you hate it when you don't know where to go? Or the game keeps crashing? Post your questions here!
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by deeahchur »

Hmmm. Having trouble with Rez handler. I have it installed, with LithRez and msvbvm60.dll in the folder, but when I run the program it shows no .REZ files in either Active nor Inactive lists, and I have tried to install maps and mods, but it can't find them as either .zip, .rar, nor .7z. I have KA and UE2 installed, and Rez Handler shows that I have 11 slots available, so it seems to at least recognize KA is working.

*scratches digital head*

Any ideas what I have done wrong? It's probably so simple.
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

deeahchur wrote:Hmmm. Having trouble with Rez handler. I have it installed, with LithRez and msvbvm60.dll in the folder, but when I run the program it shows no .REZ files in either Active nor Inactive lists

Rez Handler shows that I have 11 slots available, so it seems to at least recognize KA is working.
If that's the case, that would mean you have no .REZ map packs installed. Meanwhile, the program doesn't show any mods installed at all. But when you run it, it will pop up a dialog box mentioning that it's noticed you have a mod installed, right after you first activate a mod.
I have tried to install maps and mods, but it can't find them as either .zip, .rar, nor .7z.
I hope you didn't copy the archive files (.zip, .rar, .7z) into the Custom\Resources folder. REZ Handler wasn't designed to work with the map packs like that. After you download any map packs to your usual folder, wherever you keep files you download from the internet: you run REZ Handler, use the "Install Map .REZ File(s)" menu item, browse for and select the downloaded archive on your hard disk, and it will automatically decompress the archive and put the .REZ file inside in the proper place.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Re: Cres.dll error and Custom Map troubles

Post by TronFAQ »

After spending some more time thinking this over, the Cres.dll problem could also happen for these reasons:
  • You have a very low amount of hard drive space on the partition where the Windows Temp folder is located. The game extracts a few files for use during runtime and puts them in the Temp folder.
  • For some reason, the gamep6.rez file that's supposed to be in your Tron 2.0 folder might have somehow been altered (e.g. some people have replaced it with a map pack, which is not advisable) or it's even gone missing.
  • If you installed a No-CD crack, it could cause this error. Don't use a No-CD crack with the Unofficial Patch. It doesn't need one, anyway. It won't ask for a CD even without the crack.
As for the custom map problem, I'll wait until I hear back from you.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Re: Cres.dll error and Custom Map troubles

Post by TronFAQ »

Okay, I've been informed that the problems were solved by reinstalling everything. Case closed. :D