Area for Non-Tron related gaming.
Playing something new?
Post it here!!
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Arcade Game Jackpot

Post by Daddyo »

I went to a carwash a few weeks ago and saw an out of order Galaga sitting there. I asked the owner if he was interested in selling it and stated he wants to get rid of all 16 games (good/bad) in one bang. I thought about it for a day, came back, and offered him something quite low, not fully understanding what the heck I was getting myself into. This is what I ended up with - a truck load of goodies:

What a deal eh? Moving them was an extreme headache, gave away the shooter to a helper. I've alot of parts & tech manuals to order. I'm going to try to put a few in some businesses and see if I can make any money, albeit they are pretty old. Only 5 of the games fully work.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Arcade Game Jackpot

Post by Avi »

That X-Men Vs. Streetfighter would work well in a New Orleans home, I think.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

P.S.
You're freaking nuts.

I have a friend that just restored an old Tron arcade machine. He might be of some assistance if you need technical support.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I heard that x-men vs. street fighter was a big hit. I think I have to be nuts, but you would be too if you heard that I got the whole lot for $400.

I remembered there was a hiding spot in pac-man, now I've re-discovered it

Pac Man Hidey Hole

Sorry for the poor video & no sound, man I need a new camera. I might be bugging your friend, I've got a ton of work to do on these things, but I think most are bad power supplies and a few video tubes. He might be able to make alot of $$ on that Tron game now.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

Pretty sweet deal...and if you can get some to run and sell them off, I'm sure they'll pay for themselves and then some.

I'll talk to that friend of mine, see if he can point you in the right direction. He won't sell any, he's a collector. I think he has one machine that he built from scratch that has a few hundred ROM's on it...one machine that can play almost any game you can think of. The CPU is an actual computer and not a standard arcade board.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I could make a few MAME machines from those that aren't particularly worth anything, MAME cabinets go for quite a bit and only need cheap PCs in them. I could specially customize them a bit to get the specific controls someone might want.

I'm going to turn my den into a full-on game room with blacklights, TRON posters, with speakers blasting End of Line, Derezzed, and of course the end title track, and some junk I'll make up. Every boys dream?!? Then my mission's complete.

Your invited when it's done. Bring cigars.
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by HangmanEXE »

WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...hate you so bad right now, lol.....
In my day we didn't need these fancy R,G,B, LCD an 3D colors!
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!