Playing something new?
Post it here!!
win3k
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Bioshock 2 & GFWL

Post by win3k »

Evening chaps

Saw an interesting article over on RPS, earlier: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03 ... its-today/.

Huzzah! I thought. Some free new gamesplay - let's have at it.

How stupid of me. First off, Games for Windows LIVE !!!!!!! decided that my 4 gig of Ram wasn't enough - OutOfMemoryException for you, so take that, Mr Win3k! A routine visit to Uncle Google saith:

"And Lo! Install ye thy DotNetFramework version 4 and verily shalt this unacknowledged bug be dismissed from thy system".

Ignoring the bloody obvious (why the hells should that work?) I went ahead and installed it anyway - my existing four parallel installs of various versions of the DotNet framework were getting lonely, in any case.

Problem Solved - hooray for our side. Except not, as some spong at MS/2K games forgot to release the patch that allows BS2 to let you play the DLC (1 gigabyte thereof) that you've just soaked up your monthly bandwidth in downloading.

2K games, why do you hate Jesus so?

*sigh*

win3k
ldso://win3k - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Bioshock 2 & GFWL

Post by TronFAQ »

What's been going on with both Bioshock games on the PC over the last few years, is a comedy of errors. 2K are - dare I say it - incompetent. Nothing but one screw up after another.

The latest is releasing the Protector Trials early by mistake, and now releasing it for real . . . but it doesn't work. For anyone.

I'm so glad I didn't buy Bioshock 2. Wake me when they release the edition that includes all the final patches and DLC, and it's hit the bargain bin.