Half Life 2

Area for Non-Tron related gaming.
Playing something new?
Post it here!!
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

ya me too. After a Day of CAD drafting HL2 melts my brain with motion sickness. The cramped spaces really do it to me. When the Train wrecked in HL2 EP1 my eyes went loopy.

Remember the 20/20/20 rule: every 20 minutes look at distance 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
Ripstar13
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Ripstar13 »

Have to remember that one, zook_one ;) HL2 DM rocks as well. you can't beat a bit of random carnage with assorted weaponary once in a while :roll:

Hey, think you're pretty smart huh? think you can outsmart a bullet? :lol:
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

buffer your motion sickness by guzzling 20 oz of foamy beer every 20 minutes like you did when you were 20
Ripstar13
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Ripstar13 »

LOL. ah, those were the days . . . All you needed was the money and a clear route to the bathroom :roll:
Load81
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by Load81 »

Anyone pickup the HL2 Orange Box? :-)
ldso:// Load"*",8,1
http://www.fraglesstees.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ldso.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Not yet, my current rig can't handle it.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

Same here. Well . . . my current PC could probably run all the games in the Orange Box okay, but I'd rather wait until I upgrade next month and get the best possible experience when I play them.

I already wanted to upgrade last month, but I'm holding out until November now. If I'd bought new hardware last month, it already would have been outdated a couple of months later. Not good. If possible, I'd like to build a system that takes at least 6-12 months before it becomes outdated. So I don't feel quite as bad when the new stuff comes.

The first new Intel X38 chipset motherboards are finally starting to trickle out, and the AMD 790FX motherboards and quad-core AMD Phenom CPUs are due next month. Also due within the next month are the nVidia 8800GT and ATI 2950XT cards. Decisions, decisions! But I'm glad I waited.
patchgonebad
Registered users
Registered users

Orange Box

Post by patchgonebad »

Just from my perspective on this:
1. The 360 version of TF2 pure suckage, huge lag. PC Version is cool, but as many of you know or will find out it appears the spy is a bit tooo powerfull.
2. Portal was a terrific game, I simply loved it...and want more. On the p.c., the graphics are a bit more detailed, but both systems it runs really good.

The rest I hope to play some this weekend, Layer finished episode 2 today and loved it.

By the way, I have a Xbox 360 review site that I just put up a while back if any of you like 360 games. www.xboxjedi.com
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Well I though I had the money almost set aside for a new rig in 2007 but then the IRS slapped my with a $1,400 dollar bill from 2005. bummer. F'in taxes. I pay +30% and then the rich skip out on paying millions lame-o
cryogen4000

Re: Half Life 2

Post by cryogen4000 »

heres my two scents worth! could be a few years late as i only brought the game a few day ago or maybe i just expected more? but i found HL2 to be a very frustrating experience///especially the canal level!! :x im not a religious person but i prayed for that level to end! and the Combine boss helicopter towards the end of the canal level how can such a medium sized aircraft hold that many proximity drop mines? also the airboat! controls are horrible and i dont see why first person arm models/animation was not done when driving the airboat seems strange to have the airboat steer itself///really the only enjoyable part was dog :D such a friendly robot just wish the game of fetch and catch lasted longer :( maybe a mod could be made based around these gameplay mechanics? the adventures of Freeman and dog?? going to try out a few of the HL2 mods im guessing some of them are going to be better value then the base game is/or should have been........................................ :arrow:
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

I did find the canal sequence a bit frustrating myself. But at the time the game was released HL2 was pretty revolutionary, so I was so enthralled by the game on the whole that I didn't care. It was the first title to really create the "cinematic experience" in a game, and it was the first title to make extensive use of physics as more than just a gimmick. The entire experience outweighed that small part.

Now, if Valve would just talk about what's going on with Episode 3/Half-Life 3 . . .
cryogen4000

Post by cryogen4000 »

tronfaq wrote:The entire experience outweighed that small part
I assume you are referring to my dislike of the canal level ? though! there is a lot i dont like about the game and very little that i do///yes! the animation of the npcs was excellent! i like how they will walk backwards momentarily to keep engaging in face to face conversations and dog! how i do like that robot :D definitely one of my favorite robots second only to (nono form ulysses 31) also the story is cool made me keep thinking about what it would have been like to be within the HL2 universe when the Combine first invaded the earth (all that missing time that freeman needs to peace together) but unfortunately i have put HL2 it into the same basket as the avater movie that i thought was unimaginative unoriginal and not very intelligent science fiction///not that HL2 fits into any of those categories* the point im making is i dont see what all the hype is/was about.. :arrow:
nono_31.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
floven1
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by floven1 »

bought the orange box a few weeks ago, tremendously enjoyed it, played through portal three times without cheats and one time with, enjoyed hl2 as well, although, as i mensioned elsewhere, tf2 runs crappy on my laptop.
its playable, but barely.
mental block

no sig comes to mind

end of line