Half Life 2

Area for Non-Tron related gaming.
Playing something new?
Post it here!!
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

HL2 was in my list, beside of Doom3 and UT2K7. UT made it, as i t has the best support, a hugh community, tons of resources, etc. HL2 is a bit suspect for me, even with its Steam system. So sorry, but also it is a good game, i won't make stuff for it tho. I wait for next year and UnrealEngine 3.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Yeah I'm still researching a bit about HL2 map making. It seems you need to Model your world in Hammer. I would rather model in formz or 3ds and export to the level software. I think I'm with you in waiting for UT2K7 it seems it will probably work better with my preferred workflow.

I just like the existing Character design & enviroments in HL2 so much better then what I've seen of Unreal but I guess all that could be changed... which is the point of mod huh?
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

...which is the point of mod huh?
And that is the fact why i prefer using UT instead HL2. The way mods are done and even installed on HL2 always makes me dizzy. UT is way cooler about that. Surely you are right, HL2 has a great kind of modeling, face epression and stuff, but more and more nextGen engine will use and support it i guess (or it is done through a mod as you say).
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Even though I really enjoyed HL2 and can see the potential in the Source engine, I think I'm eventually going to be working with the Unreal 3 engine. Or at least, a particular version of it.

Too bad companies like BVG (and even Monolith), can't learn the value of the modding community.
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Finishes HL2 Pretty cool. I can see your guys critism with the game though there seems to only be one path through the thing which sort lame. Great Graphics and some action parts are dope. I love the combine technology design.
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

Yeah, i can just agree. I'm a sort of player who likes to have something to riddle, even in a shooter like HL2 (no wonder i'm a total fan of Splinter Cell :) ). But IMO HL2 is much more linear then HL1 was what disappointed me a bit. Well, at least a question of taste, but a bitter taste as i have the feeling to be declared dumb from companies if they make there products that easy.
blog
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Half Life 2 Fans, I've been playing this SP mod this week and it is pretty damn good. Actually a bit better then the game I think in regards to game sort of single path "on rails" circulation/progression.

Check it out, It's FREE!

Minerva's: Metastasis 1 & 2

http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/phosphenes.shtml

Enjoy, -Z
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

I got Episode One for Christmas. I'm pretty stoked about that. Video Games for Christmas are the Best!
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

I wanted to tell everyone to go see the movie "The Childern of Men" is really really good. It has some sort of half life 2 elements no head crabs or zombies but crazyl cool none the less. Check it out.
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Well I finished Half Life 2 Episode 1. It was quite the cliff hanger... anybody else awaiting Episode 2?
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

I am.
I'm wondering how long they can drag out these mini-stories. The whole point of this last one was to escape the tower, and then it leaves you wondering "WTF????!!!!"
At least this next one will come with Team Fortress 2, which looked pretty good a few months ago when the movie was making the rounds.
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

yeah team fortress did look pretty fun. That promo movie was a pretty funny introduction to all the character classes.

Portal also looks pretty cool. Crazy 3d Lolo game
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

Do you play Garry's Mod? I only have version 9 (refuse to pay for the latest one), but it's pretty fun if you have a server that is full of people that want to make some crazy stuff and not just frag everything that moves. We made an airplane once out of doors and barrels and would fling it around the server. It was actually aerodynamic! (actually, I sat back and watched them build it...I prefer to enjoy a few Heinekens while others labor).
Ripstar13
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Ripstar13 »

Yep, HL2 is Class but I can't play it for too long. The old motion sickness kicks in and I have to go for a lay down :( Still, atmosphere and character interaction in the game is unreal and when the music kicks in, you know your're in for action! :shock: EP1 was a bit of a let down, I think. Too short :( Waiting for EP2 hope it is better but from the looks of the trailers . . . Looking good 8)
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

ah so i'm not the only one who gets motion sickness on hl2, while bobbing down the green sewage river on the airboat, uh oh pardon m...breeecklaaaaaflpfeewwwww