Area for Non-Tron related gaming.
Playing something new?
Post it here!!
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Battlefield 1943!

Post by Avi »

It looks like Dice and EA Games are the people responsible for finally convincing me to buy a spankin' brand new PC. Here's the footage that drove me over the edge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36sYJsW7rA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I broke out in a cold sweat when I saw this, like a junkie needing a fix. Daddyo and I usually play Battlefield 1942 on Saturday nights, and this new version might make me forget all about the original game. I can't wait for the DC mod guys to get their hands on it...but I might never be heard from again.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Battlefield 1943!

Post by Daddyo »

I think i'll get it, hating myself for getting suckered in to a 3 map game with endless add-on map packs, but I think it'll be fun. If it kills my CPU & GPU though I may be outta luck for a while.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Thank god there's no unlocks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIeuC2fD ... re=related, but no capture the flag?
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

I love the idea of destructible buildings in a Battlefield game. Before, you would have to bomb the hell out of a building that someone was hiding in and pray that he's extremely low on health. Now, you can force him to find another place to hide. That's why I never grab a big bomber in BF42 unless I have a crew to load it up with in order to make it really effective.
Jademz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jademz »

I got pretty excited when I saw this too, gotta get it. I miss playing FPS war games.. I've been making videos and stuff, so it's not a bad trade off.
data_ghost
Registered users
Registered users

Post by data_ghost »

Looks awesome, and I'm glad the battlefield wagon is back at it's battlefield 2-esque roots (i never played bf1942). After giving bf heroes and bad company a pass, i feel i may have a new game to obssess over.
Read my NEW blog, fool!
http://iliketolaugh.tumblr.com/
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

I just remembered this thread and came back to it to see if it was just a hallucination. Apparently, the console community has been playing BF 1943 for a while now while us PC gamers have been waiting in vain for a game that will never arrive.

Oh well...off to bump other old topics.