Area for Non-Tron related gaming.
Playing something new?
Post it here!!
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Diu project

Post by xistence »

No big secret that i'm working on some projects, one is called 'Diu' which is Tron-like but not Tron. I created (an still working) on a database containing a lot of background information about this world, plus there also some infos about Diu-related projects like 'the digital messiah' or the roleplaying system 'r001' that should be used with Diu.
Everything is in progress, but already usable, so i invite everyone whoever cares for such stuff.
A few important words:
- It is not Tron
- It is not a game, but about game-projects and the world behind it. Except 'r001' (the roleplaying system), which should be a sort of game, but isn't finished so far
- For sure there is an copyright. If you like to contribute, want to use stuff or designs or have any questions or suggestions, contact the 'SCC' on my pages (you will see). Then we can see what is possible.

I would like to get some feedback if you have problems, found some bugs on the pages, etc. (if you can, use the SCC-Contact for bug reports, instead of this thread or other ways). If i see that enough pps are using these pages, i might implement a shoutbox or PM-system for a direct communication.

Go to Diu
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Diu project

Post by TronFAQ »

I see you opened this up to the public. Everything looks awesome, by the way. :D
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

:D Let's say it is an 'alpha alpha' test. After i added some more content, i think i will make a post at Tron-Sector, might be that some TronFans might be intrested in an alternative but Tron-like universe.
And thx for the compliment, tho i'm hoping to find some time to make 3D-version of the images (and doing the modeling of the characters).
blog
cryogen4000

Post by cryogen4000 »

Cool! this looks to be good :D though! xistence can you explain the Diu gaming mechanics in more detail ? please! and will the system need a GM to run? or something else yet unknown?............
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

About the GM: yes, will just be called 'SCP' (just follow the Diu database :) ).
About the gaming mechanics, i'm not really sure what you mean. Diu is the world, TDM will be a PC-game (action-rpg), r001 is the RPG-system (pen and paper style). Otherwise i need a better description about what you want to know.
blog
cryogen4000

Post by cryogen4000 »

xistence wrote:r001 is the RPG-system (pen and paper style)
Yes! the game play mechanics///simply put* the dice system/combat and how it is played out/world interaction/resources management and what will the character sheet look like and what PC classes are there ect.......... :D
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

Ah ok. Well this will be shown step by step on my page, so just wait. I'm still fiddling around with values and calculations, so it is not definitily fixed if it will be d10(prefered) or d20 system. And about the fighting-system, this might(will) be round-based, but right now i'm dealing how to create a sensible system about arenaswith possible 'derezable' parts like rings. In the end the calculation system should be adaptable for other game types like PC-games, and there we won't work with rounds.
Crafting is mostly defined under the 'editing & compiling' section, but here as well: i'm still doing balancing and calculating. Magic (in Diu 'Random') is also mostly defined, except of balancing and some missing element, martial arts ('Geom') will fall under the same aspect as fighting.

As said, all can be found on my pages as soon i released it, so just be patient. As long it is not released, it is not fully finished or defined, so in progress (or i just didn't had the time to put it online).
blog
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

Well, i did a post on Tron-Sector about this project as well, i hope this was not a mistake in that early state of the project...
blog
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

FYI i made some changes and updates (especially interface).
blog
cryogen4000

Post by cryogen4000 »

xistence wrote:i did a post on Tron-Sector about this project as well, i hope this was not a mistake in that early state of the project
A mistake maybe not? but as you know already xistence creativity and the projects that emerge from the talented creator could and do evolve and this factor takes time///the one thing i always notice within the modding community or in most facets of creativity* the people on the side lines looking in dont seem to understand the amount of energy and time that is expanded on a project///and life also just gets in the way :( though people on the side lines are happy to shout out (when is it going to be finished! its dead! ect ect ect...) so thats something you just need to prepare for when you make an idea public :arrow: and such feedback is a drain of your creative energy still! i wish you all the best with your projects! and i do really like your art direction and concepts* awesome!! stuff :D cant wait to see the character sheet for your p&p rpg i hope you do it in that cool neon style you have going..and i will be the first to sign up as a official tester of your p&p rpg :D ..................
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

cryogen4000 wrote:...the people on the side lines looking in dont seem to understand the amount of energy and time that is expanded on a project///and life also just gets in the way :( though people on the side lines are happy to shout out (when is it going to be finished! its dead! ect ect ect...) so thats something you just need to prepare for when you make an idea public...
Yeah, tell me. But i don't need do be prepared for that, i work as artist/programmer since 25 years already. And i made so many stuff, even publishing it, just to get reactions like: .... .... (so most times no reactions).
I can stand criticism (as long it is constructive, no prob to ignore destructive), but mostly i don't get this either, regardless how many posts at how many locations i make. It is nice if pps tell you 'great job' or 'nicely done', but to be honest that is not my intention doing posts or offering stuff, that doesn't help me to improve something or my skills.
I wish i _would_ get feedback (and i think i speak for others here as well), even or especially it might be 'bad', because at least i could get an impression what moves people when they see my stuff, but no luck.

These days i think pps are just 'overloaded' with sensory input, so they are not really able to sense details in their 'environment' anymore, or to make clear differences what they see, hear, etc.

The only think that worries me (and so at Tron-Sector, relating to the last flamewar) is not the feedback, as mostly there is none. It is more the problem, that communities always lack of 'selfcontrol' and are under fire by sockpuppets and freaks, destroying the fun for others and so new things are 'going down' in that mess, no one noticing them. This finally means just less feedback as normal, so that was ment when i said 'it might be a mistake'.

BTW, i have nearly finished the first layout of the char-sheet, it might be very special adn we have to see if it is useful or need to change. And i create this layout in a S/W as in colored version, and the colored one while have a typical glow style (so it might not be so impressive printed on pure paper, color on paper acts subtractive, but real glow needs additive mixing)
blog
cryogen4000

Post by cryogen4000 »

xistence wrote:These days i think pps are just 'overloaded' with sensory input, so they are not really able to sense details in their 'environment' anymore
Yes! i totally agree* on that point i think the Celtic druids had it right! and other such ancient germanic pagan cultures! you cant move a huge immovable granite stone with no modern tools without understanding the metrics of nature* through constant observation of the natural earthly world that surrounds you it is sad that 99% of the human population can no longer see this fact. :(
xistence wrote:But i don't need do be prepared for that, i work as artist/programmer since 25 years already. And i made so many stuff, even publishing it, just to get reactions like: .... .... (so most times no reactions).
yeah! i guessed as much :D
xistence wrote:i have nearly finished the first layout of the char-sheet
nice! very excitable to see that.....................................
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by Cryogen »

Hi! xistence! are you still working on the diu project RPG?