artao
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

K.A. not seeing my user profile

Post by artao »

Getting back into TRON 2.0 here. Saw Killer App, the LDSO map pack, and User Error 2, and just HAD to install them. THANKS!!!
A problem I'm having tho.
When I run the Killer App Mod Manager, and either hit 'Play' or 'Quit', I get an error message box saying "XartaoX.txt Not Found ... The player profile XartaoX.txt could not be found. The Mod Manager will now quit."
Thing is, XartaoX.txt is right there in my 'Profiles' directory.
It doesn't appear to cause any problems in-game, but it certainly IS an oddity. Especially considering that, prior to installing Killer App, I only had the default 'Player' profile in the game, as I had not yet actually played it. I wanted to go thru the whole patching, modding etc. before that. Once all installed, I ran the game, and no errors or anything. That's with JUST the default 'Player' profile in there. I then created my new 'XartaoX' profile. After that, I started getting this error message every time.

Thanks for your help, and for all your hard work keeping this game alive and modding and creating maps. I hope to do a bit of map creation myself sooner or later. I was rather pleased and surprised to see an exporter for Blender to the TRON 2.0 model format available. Blender is my primary 3D app!! :D

Anyhow, saw some K.A. servers up. Gonna go in there and hope someone shows up to play. Not sure if I should wait in-game, or wait at the servers screen to see which game gets people in there. I'd prefer some disc arena, but will take anything I can get.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: K.A. not seeing my user profile

Post by deeahchur »

I had this same issue. Did you run the game once before installing the KA mod installer? Additionally, did you set up a profile during that first run?

Then install the KA mod, which should change your profile to name_(profilename).txt

At least that's more or less what a discussion with TronFAQ revealed.
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
artao
Registered users
Registered users

Post by artao »

Yes, I ran the game first. K.A. installed without a hitch. I only had the default 'Player' profile when I installed K.A. I added my personal 'XartaoX' profile after installing everything.
The game appears to work just fine, even tho it throws up that error. Perhaps it's just an unimportant oddity. I don't like it when software gives me inexplicable errors tho. :P
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

Hi artao, welcome to our forum. :D

The problem you're having is because you changed the profile after installing KA. If you'd changed it before installing KA, then it wouldn't be happening. If you go back to using the original "Player" profile, the error will go away.

Now, I understand you might not want to go back to the previous profile, because you've got things all set up the way you want now. In that case, unless you care about the features the Mod Manager provides, then don't worry about it.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

I managed to fix the error on mine without uninstalling KA.

Go to the Profiles folder, and look for your preferred profile.

The following files are probably in the folder:

Default.prf
Player.txt
_Player.txt

For my profile, I added an underscore ( _ ) BEFORE my profile name.

_YCP.txt

For good measure, based on my interpretation from a conversation with TronFAQ earlier, I copied and pasted my profile and then renamed it:

name_YCP.txt

I admit I am uncertain which of these actually solves the issue, but after doing this, the error message no longer shows up.

I hope this helps!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

Copying and pasting the profile and adding an underscore "_" insn't really a proper fix, unfortunately. Sure, it will make the error message go away. But let me explain what's going on.

When you install the mod, it creates a copy of the existing profile with an added underscore. Then it modifies this copy. The one with the underscore is different from the original. When you uncheck or re-check "New Light Cycles Unlocked", the Mod Manager swaps the original and modified profiles back and forth.

If you make a copy of your profile and add an underscore, the two profiles are identical and the swapping back and forth doesn't accomplish what it's meant to do.

If you change your profile after installing the mod, the game creates a new profile but then there's no modified copy with an underscore "_" to go with it, because that only gets created during install of the mod. Hence the error message. Because the Mod Manager is expecting both versions, with and without underscore.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

That's good to know. I doubt that would matter too much for me, since I won't be unchecking the mod.

Beyond that, though, is there a way to know what is supposed to go in the file and maybe edit it manually? That's probably too complicated, though.
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
artao
Registered users
Registered users

Post by artao »

well, thanks much for that explanation. Your insight allowed me to go in and hand edit my profile, and add a copy with the underscore, such that it works properly now. I looked at and compared the Player and _Player profile files, and saw that the difference was all the way at the end, the whole unlocked cycles list. A little copy/paste action, and good to go!!
8-)