Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: None

Permissions cheat not working?

Post by trilljester »

Greetings!

I installed the Killer App mod, it's working great, however, is the permissions cheat not working? I can activate it and shows up as being enabled in the Killer App Mod Manager, but in the single player game it's not doing anything. I still have to go grab permissions. Is this a future feature or what am I doing wrong here? Thanks again for this mod, it really makes the game look great in widescreen!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Permissions cheat not working?

Post by TronFAQ »

The cheats are timed to kick in shortly after the end of every cutscene. If you skip cutscenes, it will look like nothing is happening at first but after a while they become active.

For example, on the first level it takes about 4 mins. because that's how long the introductory cutscene is. After that, it never takes more than 2 mins. on the remaining levels. Some levels have no cutscenes, and in those cases the cheats kick in immediately.

Also, if there is nothing on a level that uses permissions, then the permissions cheat will not activate on that level. The exception to that rule is the first level where the training takes place. Having all the permissions on the first level would make training pointless, and would break the training if you do things in the wrong order.

If after 2 minutes the permissions cheat still hasn't become active on other levels, then something might be wrong.
trilljester
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: None

Post by trilljester »

That worked! Thanks, tronfaq!

On a separate topic but semi-related, I had all sorts of permission issues with Windows 7, UAC and this mod. What I did to fix them was take ownership of the entire Tron 2.0 folder, and gave the Users group Full Control. All of my problems went away at that point. Might be useful for the troubleshooting guide. I'm sure you know how to do that, but if want a quick writeup, I'll be happy to do so.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

As you know: Vista and Win 7 both protect the "Program Files (x86)" folder from changes when UAC is turned on, which is where Tron 2.0 is installed by default. This requires that some programs be run with Administrator privileges in order to work properly. Tron 2.0 is one of those programs. (If you install to a custom directory, though, then this problem should not occur.) As far as I know, the Mod Manager does not need privileges. But I need to do more thorough testing on that.

I did create an install guide video for the mod, that shows how to get it up and running successfully with a minimum of fuss. That said, though, for the next version of the mod this issue will be dealt with. You won't need to fiddle around with UAC or Admin privileges any more to get it running smoothly.
sanimirza
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: No
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White

Permissions cheat doesn't seem to work

Post by sanimirza »

Greetings!

I installed the Killer App mod, it's working great, however, is the permissions cheat not working? I can activate it and shows up as being enabled in the Killer App Mod Manager, but in the single player game it's not doing anything. I still have to go grab permissions. Is this a future feature or what am I doing wrong here? Thanks again for this mod, it really makes the game look great in widescreen!
sani
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Re: Permissions cheat doesn't seem to work

Post by TronFAQ »

sanimirza wrote:Greetings!

This was already answered in an earlier topic here.

In fact: you literally copied and pasted the previous message asking about this, from that topic. Topics merged.