NikitaRabykin
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Re: Killer App Mod v1.2 Preview

Post by NikitaRabykin »

Я перевёл TRON.exe на русский язык. Не идеально, но Вы можете изменить это как хотите.
Ссылка: http://narod.ru/disk/37713329001/TRON%20Rus.zip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I translated TRON.exe in the Russian language. Not ideal, but You can change it as you want.
Link: http://narod.ru/disk/37713329001/TRON%20Rus.zip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Thanks, I'll take a look at it shortly. Tb)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Okay, I haven't worked on Killer App in a long time because I wanted to complete the updated User Error first.

While finishing up testing for UE, I've gone back and done a little more work on KA. It's early days yet, the next version is still a long way off. But I wanted to show a couple of new things. Understand that this is all still preliminary.

• CHANGED - Now when you install the mod, it will auto-detect the desktop resolution and aspect ratio. Then offer to install the mod using these settings. This takes the guesswork out of figuring out what options to select. But you can still override the automatic detection and choose your own settings manually.

• CHANGED - During installation, the installer will inform you of other downloads you might be interested in. This is important for two reasons. First, of course, is simply to make people aware these additional items exist. Second, it's crucial that these other items are installed in the correct order. If you try to install some of them after installing KA, it will mess things up. This, again, takes the guesswork out of what order to install things in.
  • CHANGED - I don't have a screenshot for it yet. But the installer will check online to see if a newer version of KA is available. This way, people who end up downloading this version will find out if a newer one becomes available at a later date. The Mod Manager will also check online for a newer version.
NikitaRabykin
Registered users
Registered users

Post by NikitaRabykin »

TronFAQ wrote:[*]CHANGED - I don't have a screenshot for it yet. But the installer will check online to see if a newer version of KA is available. This way, people who end up downloading this version will find out if a newer one becomes available at a later date. The Mod Manager will also check online for a newer version.[/list]
Это восхитительно! Но, я думаю, что эта функция не будет использоваться. Обновления KA выходят очень редко.
-------------------------------------------------------
It's awesome! !YES! (YES) But it, i think, not usable function. !NO! (NO) KA updates produced very rarely. Tg\ (LOL)
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White

Post by deeahchur »

I'm not quite sure if this is a bug, and I kept forgetting to mention it, but when I try to turn off the Ancient disc when starting up KA, KA crashes.

I installed Ancient Disc first, so I know that is not the issue.

I installed in the default location using Win7 OS.
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

NikitaRabykin wrote:But it, i think, not usable function. !NO! (NO) KA updates produced very rarely. Tg\ (LOL)
Updates not occurring frequently is deliberate. More often than not the updates would break compatibility with previous versions of KA, for people playing online. They would get annoyed by that. Better to release fewer large updates, rather than many small ones.

Most people also don't check for updates to these types of things. They install the mod and then forget about it. They need to be reminded to check for updates, so they don't wonder later why they can't join any KA servers any more.
deeahchur wrote:I'm not quite sure if this is a bug, and I kept forgetting to mention it, but when I try to turn off the Ancient disc when starting up KA, KA crashes.

I installed Ancient Disc first, so I know that is not the issue.
The Mod Manager is buggy. On occasion, it makes a mistake when modifying the game's configuration files. Since the game doesn't handle those errors gracefully, it just crashes without any helpful explanation. When that happens: you can try launching the game from the actual Tron 2.0 launcher (rather than the Mod Manager), to see if it fixes it. It will work some of the time.

The Mod Manager is being rewritten, mostly from scratch, for the next release.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

• CHANGED - TRON 2.0 has a limit on the total number of Unlocked cycles available in Single Player Light Cycle circuits. In v1.1 of the mod, you had to use the Mod Manager to switch between the original cycle colors and the newly added colors. This required two Profile files be created, that were swapped back and forth by the Manager.

In v1.2, the limit has been overcome and you can now select from all the Light Cycle colors at once, both old and new. This also eliminates the "Player.txt file not found" error (or similar) you would get in the Mod Manager, if you change your Profile name after installing the mod.

This never affected Multiplayer. All the colors were always available there.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

I thought I would post a list I've written up: either of changes that have already been implemented, or changes I'm committed to completing, for v1.2 of the mod.

This isn't even the full list. There are a few more items that either may not make it, or I don't want to talk about them yet.
  • Changes to the Installer

FIXED
  • Eliminated the "TRON 2.0 has not been run before, you must run TRON 2.0 at least once error", by having the installer automatically set the TRON 2.0 shortcut icon to run the game with Administrator privileges. On Windows Vista and 7, UAC is turned on by default and not running the game with Admin privileges caused the aforementioned error and other problems.
  • Using an updated version of the installer creation software to create the latest installer, should prevent crashes and hangs some people have experienced when installing the mod. The installer has also been changed so that if it does for some reason crash, it will allow you to re-attempt the install without displaying an error message and then aborting.
  • Automatically checks to see if TRON 2.0 is running, and aborts if this is the case. The game must not be running while the mod is installed.
  • Added a check at the start of the installation, to make sure you have enough space for the entire process to complete. (Both installed files, and temporary files generated by the installer.)
  • Checks if you have older saved games, and warns they cannot be loaded when the mod is active or else the game will crash. Then offers an option to delete the saves.

CHANGED
  • The installer comes in a self-extracting file now, which places an installer icon on the desktop after extraction to make it easier to get started. This change also prevents a potential installation error that could be caused by failing to extract the documentation, which is something the installer needs during installation.
  • Now automatically offers to download and install the Unofficial v1.042 Patch, plus other add-ons, during installation of the mod. This prevents many potential issues, caused by installing the add-ons in the wrong order.
  • The installer will now auto-detect the current desktop resolution and aspect ratio, taking the guesswork out of which options to select when installing the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod with a widescreen display. Though these options can still be set manually during installation.
  • If you choose to manually set your resolution and aspect ratio, the installer will now highlight which resolutions and ratios are valid for your current display with an asterisk.
  • Places shortcut icons for the Mod Manager and documentation on the desktop, in addition to the Start menu.
  • If an error occurs during installation, the installer will recommend trying to install in Windows Safe Mode. It will also mention visiting the LDSO web site to get additional help.
  • Will now automatically check online if a newer version of the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod is available.
  • Added an option to change the deault weapon Zoom keys, from + and - on the numeric keypad to the ones on the main keyboard. This has been done to avoid trouble for people using laptops, that don't have a numpad.
  • Added a warning for users of AMD/ATI Radeon video cards/chips after installation, letting them know that Adaptive Anti-Aliasing causes geometry to disappear unless the AA setting is changed to one of the other types (MSAA or SSAA).
  • Warns the user not to patch the game or use a No-CD crack after installation is complete.
  • Warns the user that Multiplayer online play is incompatible with the previous v1.1 of the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod.

Changes to the Mod

FIXED
  • The hit detection on the System Memory screen (where you work with subroutines) is now properly aligned with objects. Before, you would have to hover over the outer edge of objects to get them to highlight. This was particularly noticeable in 16:9 aspect ratio. This is something that was difficult to fix, but has now been successfully implemented.
  • The text descriptions for the subroutine libraries on the System Memory screen, were not properly aligned with the background. They are now aligned.
  • The Play button was missing at the bottom of the Single Player Light Cycles screen when the Custom Play tab was selected, in both 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed the Gamespy logo overlapping the TRON 2.0 logo, on the Multiplayer Join Internet game and Join LAN game screens in 4:3 aspect ratio.
  • A change in the previous v1.1 of the mod, that added a new sound effect as the Prankster Bit travelled, had the side-effect of eliminating an explosion sound when the weapon detonated. It was felt that the addition of the travelling sound effect — to benefit Multiplayer Derez gameplay — outweighed the loss of the explosion sound. However, the missing sound effect has now been restored while still keeping the travelling sound.
  • The countdown that appears when a player is about to ride a Light Cycle, was distorted on 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios. This is no longer the case.
  • Added new "de-rezz" effects to characters in the Single Player game that were missing, if you use an explosive weapon (like the Cluster Disc).
  • When you "de-rezzed" ICPs with energy shield armor in the game, the armor would linger for a few seconds after death. The armor disappears immediately now.
  • Moved the start of the Light Cycle trail closer to the rear wheel well on the Classic Light Cycles, to more accurately match the original film.
  • Fixed an error in the final cutscene for the Primary Digitizing level, where the sound effect for the Exit Port beam turning on happens later than the beam's actual appearance.
  • Fixed second cutscene on the Alan's Desktop PC level, so that Popoff doesn't pop in (there's a joke in there, somewhere) on 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen displays.
  • Updated image for restored Archive Stack Help File on Alan's Desktop PC, to match the way the programs' floating platforms look. The platforms changed appearance between when the Help File image was created, and when the game was finalized.
  • Various other minor fixes.

CHANGED
  • Made further changes to the English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian text in the game, to improve grammar and punctuation usage and make corrections.
  • Added Hungarian and Russian language support to TRON 2.0. (In-game text only. Not the speech, and not the Mod Manager.)
  • Added proper 5:4 aspect ratio support.
  • When you went to Display > Options from the main menu in a widescreen resolution, the game would reset back to 640x480 because it doesn't support any resolutions that aren't 4:3 aspect. This no longer happens. You can now select any resolution your display supports. Though it's best to stick with the resolution you chose when installing the mod. This is something that was difficult to fix, but has now been successfully implemented.
  • Pop-up dialog boxes in the menus were not vertically centered in 5:4, 16:9, and 16:10 aspect ratios. This was something that was difficult to implement. But, they are now centered.
  • The game has a limit on the number of Single Player Light Cycle colors that can be unlocked. This meant using the Mod Manager to swap between the original colors, and the new colors added by the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod. This limit has been overcome, and now all the colors are unlocked at once. Eliminating the swap prevents The player profile PlayerName.txt could not be found errors in the Mod Manager, if the Profile name is changed after the mod is installed.
  • Changed the default Multiplayer bandwidth setting on the Player setup screen to Custom (128), to improve Multiplayer networking performance for people with slower upstream connections.
  • The default name when you host a server is now "TRON 2.0: KAMod v1.2", to let people know you are using the mod.
  • Updated the DM-01, DM-02, and DM-03 Derez loading screens added in v1.1 to look better.
  • Changing the skin color of your Multiplayer character in the Mod Manager, now also affects Jet in the Single Player game. A lot of people requested that this change be made, as they seemed to like the ability to customize the appearance of Jet and his weapons in Single Player. However, by default, Jet will remain his normal Blue color when the mod is first installed.
  • Added a hint that displays on the screen in the Program Integration level, to let players know they can optimize the Beta Prankster Bit subroutine if they've used the Gold cheat.
  • Moved Jet's first-person view arms and weapons back slightly in 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios, to look a little better.
  • Changed the Sequencer 3-D powerup in Multiplayer Derez to look better.
  • Changed some of the icons on the base of each powerup in Derez, to more uniformly match the look of the subroutine icons on the HUD.
  • An attempt has been made to reduce the possibility of cheating in Multiplayer.

Changes to the Mod Manager

FIXED
  • Fixed a bug in the Mod Manager that allowed errors to be written out to the Player.txt profile and launchcmds.txt file, which would cause the game to crash with messages like: Error copying file cres.dll, Could not init CircuitButeMgr, Couldn't initialize DebrisMgr, and various Client MFC errors. This bug could also cause custom maps to not load in Multiplayer.
  • When using the Mod Disable feature, the Mod Manager will set your Single Player and Multiplayer Light Cycle colors, and Mutliplayer Character color, to a default of Blue. This prevents the player from sometimes being locked out of selecting a color when the mod is disabled.

CHANGED
  • The Mod Manager will now automatically check online if a newer version of the TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod is available.
  • The New Light Cycles Locked/Unlocked feature has been removed, due to the mod now allowing all Single Player Light Cycle colors to be unlocked at once.
  • Added options to change the resolution, aspect ratio, FOV, and Screen Glow brightness for advanced users.
  • Added options to reset the autoexec.cfg and Player.txt files to their original defaults. These have been added in an attempt to help eliminate the "black screen" or "blocky font" problems that can sometimes occur. (The problems can happen even to people who have never used the mod). You will lose all your custom settings if these options are utilized.
  • A better method for removing the HUD has been implemented, when using the HUD Disable feature.

I hope you guys can see now, why the v1.2 update is taking so long. Between this, working on User Error 3, implementing the Wiki and trying to write articles or updates for it, doing PR for our site and projects, and providing feedback for others' projects . . . I am one hella busy person during my spare time, where I work on this stuff as my main hobby.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

(GREETINGS)

Tb) TronFAQ, you have our underezzing gratitude for all the effort you put into helping to keep Tron 2.0 alive!

Td)

Keep up the great work!

|___| __o-o

(EOL)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
NikitaRabykin
Registered users
Registered users

Post by NikitaRabykin »

TronFAQ, i'l see you a true fanat about Tron 2.0! T-]
I hope just only one... russian language. T;)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
schmatzler
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by schmatzler »

If you want to or haven't done it already, I could also help with the German translation. That one isn't very good in 1.1 :(

Would be a nice addition to the next version.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

With the help of new LDSO member Kain-Xavier, both Zook_One and myself have been able to recreate the weapons from the Xbox version of TRON 2.0: Killer App in the PC version of the game. Big thanks go out to Kain-Xavier for making this possible! It's something that originally was not going to be attempted until v1.3 of the mod, which would have been long down the road.

The Disc Absorber is still not 100% working correctly in Multiplayer Derez, but the remaining three weapons appear to be working perfectly.

And we've been able to do something in the Mod that you can't do in the Xbox version (that I'm aware of): use the new weapons in the Single Player portion of the game! However, the additional weapons will be restricted to users of the Gold cheat, only. Traditional playthrough without using the cheat means no added weapons, to keep the experience as it's always been.

NOTE: I'm not happy yet with the icon on one of the updated powerups, so it's still going to be worked on.

It's best to watch the trailer in higher quality HD so you can see the details better.

Zook_One also made a video, and I'd like to give out a link to it. But I don't want to potentially hammer his web site and maybe exceed bandwidth limits, since his video is pretty big.

Mine came in at almost 1 GB. T-O It was painfully slow uploading it to Youtube. But they can handle the bandwidth requirements for hosting these kinds of big videos.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

8-O

That . . .

was . . .

AWESOME!

Td)

(EOL)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

schmatzler wrote:If you want to or haven't done it already, I could also help with the German translation. That one isn't very good in 1.1 :(
Do you mean the new text that was added? Or all of the text, both old and new? I'm guessing you mean the new text.

The translations for the new text were done without any assistance from people who were native speakers of their language. So, yeah, the translations aren't the greatest. T-)
schmatzler
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by schmatzler »

I mean the added text for gold cheat, the error message for a different server version and some other things.

I could edit these and make them perfect. I just don't know which files I have to edit.