How is the Work in progress on 1.2 Version going?

KILLER APP.MOD Updates and Information!
Brut
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

How is the Work in progress on 1.2 Version going?

Post by Brut »

Hello, I am looking forward the new 1.2 version, how is the work in progress going? Do You know when You finish it? Do You need some help? I was thinking to run a dedicated server of Tron 2.0, I checked more times the tron-servers(point)net, but I have never seen there anybody playing, even on strong days like weekends, is the multiplayer dead?
BRUT(dot)me - my Homepage
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Re: How is the Work in progress on 1.2 Version going?

Post by TronFAQ »

Is TRON 2.0 Multiplayer dead? No. There were people playing on the LDSO server this past weekend.

Is it very inactive? Yes. There are only a handful of players, and they only play for brief periods. You'll see a match or two that lasts maybe half an hour, and then it's over. It's easy to miss these.

There are a lot of factors that affect how (in)active TRON 2.0 Multiplayer is. Such as whether people are at school/work or on vacation, and if TRON 2.0 is on sale at a discount on Steam or not.

Every time TRON 2.0 goes on sale on Steam, I see a spike in players. But it usually doesn't last more than 2 weeks.

It's also a matter of whether or not people are aware of mods for the game. I'd say at least 50% of players don't even know about them. So they think online Multiplayer is broken and can't be played any more. They don't know there's a solution out there to fix online play. If everyone knew, we'd probably see a bit more regular activity.

As for v1.2, I hope to have a new preview trailer out shortly. It will probably be the last preview, followed by the mod's release.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

really great spam protection here, was not able to send my reply even after more edits m-( , i have put it in as an attachment :-D

But as i write in my reply, Thanx for Your time and effort You have put in this project...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Sorry about the spam filter. But we had a serious problem a while back with spammers.

We had to put some measures in place to restrict what new forum members could do. Though, after looking at your attached reply, I don't know why the spam filter blocked what you had to say. Weird. The limits placed on new members only last a little while, so next time you post the restrictions may have already been lifted.

About bots. Some of the custom fan-made TRON 2.0 maps have bots. It was up to the map creator whether they wanted bots or not. The official maps that come with the game chose not to take advantage of this.

About people not looking for, or using, patches/mods - be it official or even fan-made - I see you agree with me. Yes, sadly, again I'd say around 50% of players don't bother looking for them or using them.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

no problem, but I was surprised too, why the filter blocked me, even after more edits o.O I know the spammers very good, I have a phpbb forum too :)

This is a good news, that the bots are map limited, do You have some list of maps with bots? And is it so, that when a player joins, one bot will be kicked out? Or is the amount of bots constant?

Hope the 1.2 patch will drawn bigger attention of the players, I will advertise it at slovak sites
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Brut wrote:This is a good news, that the bots are map limited, do You have some list of maps with bots? And is it so, that when a player joins, one bot will be kicked out? Or is the amount of bots constant?
  • Light Cycle maps with AI (bots): AI Arena Redux (AI_ARENA_REDUX), Speedway AI (CRACK_SPEEDWAY_AI)
  • Disc Arena maps with AI (bots): Hydra Battle (HYDRABATTLEV1_0)
  • Derez maps with AI (bots): Capture the Bit (CTB2_TDM_TRONFAQ), DM World (VMAN_DMWORLD), Hub (VMAN_HUB), Party Grid (MORS-PARTYGRID), Sky Grid 02 (SKYGRID_SECTOR-02), Tank Grid 01-A (MORS-TANKGRID-01A)
The number of bots is constant. They also don't add to your score when you kill them.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

Greetings Programs :)
did u get closer to release the 1.2 patch? I wish everybody here and every fan a great 12 birthday of Tron 2.0. Cheers and do NOT drink too much ;)

PS: not very good info about the bots :/
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Well, here's the current plan.

I should have a new v1.2 preview video out in 2-3 weeks. It's most likely going to be the last preview.

Then, probably in about 2 months, I'll start a public beta test. I need feedback on the changes made to Derez Multiplayer. I don't know if people are going to love it or hate it. The changes will likely need some fine-tuning. Then, probably a month after that, v1.2 would be released.
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

Thkx for the informtion, great news :)

Do u have the changelog of 1.2 especially the derez changes? and did u change the nod mentioned in poll?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Brut wrote:Do u have the changelog of 1.2 especially the derez changes? and did u change the nod mentioned in poll?
For both polls, 70%-80% of the voters agreed with the changes I proposed. So they'll be going into the mod.

As for a changelog for the new Derez stuff, nope I haven't done that yet. I guess I could do it now. But this list won't be finalized, things could still change.

I've posted the list of changes here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1125&p=12457#p12457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brut
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Brut »

Hi, how are u continuing with the project? Could not find the preview video, or any other info
MrChris
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by MrChris »

Brut wrote:Hi, how are u continuing with the project? Could not find the preview video, or any other info
(GREETINGS)
Ti| Yeah, TronFaq, how it's going on with it ? 8-| I hope for the best that I can for you !

"Hope to find you on the Grid, Programs !"
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Still working on v1.2. I'll try to have a version to test by Christmas. Right now, I'm having to fix our site's Wiki. Our site host made some changes that broke it. In the process of fixing and updating the Wiki, it's having a knock-on domino effect where other parts of the site have to be updated as well. It's an additional burden I didn't need at this time. m-(
antipode
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by antipode »

Hello, I remain a huge fan of both TRON 2.0 and your work on this mod! I hope everything is progressing well - my friends and I eagerly await any new info of v1.2.

Keep up the great work!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

antipode wrote:Hello, I remain a huge fan of both TRON 2.0 and your work on this mod! I hope everything is progressing well - my friends and I eagerly await any new info of v1.2.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks for joining the LDSO forum! And yes, work continues on v1.2 of the Killer App Mod. T-)

I know it's been taking forever. I actually lament about that while chatting in a video of a live stream I participated in, about 3 weeks ago. (If you jump ahead to the 2:28:43 mark.)

I'm going to try and get v1.2 done now by July 9th of this year. In time for the next "virtual" TRON convention. (July 9th is the anniversary date for the release of the first TRON film, when fans get together and live stream video of anything and everything have to do with TRON.)