ajax
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

cshell.dll errors?

Post by ajax »

After some jiggery-pokery I managed to get this remarkable mod installed... I'm very excited to play.

I am running into one issue--I got it going under the standard options and even fit my widescreen to 1440x900 successfully.

However, when I go into the mod manager tool and try to adjust the settings there, when I hit "Play" I get "Error copying file cshell.dll".

When I launch the program from its main shortcut it works just fine.

Any ideas what's going on? It's a brand new install and I haven't put any custom levels in. My msvcrt.dll file is version 6.

Not sure what else to look at.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: cshell.dll errors?

Post by TronFAQ »

Hmm . . . if you could cause that error to happen again, and then immediately afterward make a copy of the file launchcmds.txt in the Tron 2.0 folder and send it to me, I could take a look at it and see if anything in there is causing it. You can use the site http://myfreefilehosting.com/ to upload the file to, and get a download link.

It might also help if you set the Mod Manager to run in Administrator mode, if you've got UAC turned on. Right click Mod Manager icon > Properties > Compatibility > checkmark in Run this program as an administrator box > OK. Though in testing, I didn't find it necessary to do that.

You can always remove the X from the little Play checkbox under the button, which will change the button to read Quit and then you'll just exit the Mod Manager. The changes you make to the settings will still be saved.
ajax
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by ajax »

Ok here is the file:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2397741 ... 2-14-am-1k

I appreciate you taking the time.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Unfortunately, that site requires me to create an account to download the file. Which I'd rather not do. Sorry.

Maybe you could post the content of the launchcmds.txt file here instead, after you get the error. It's only a couple of lines worth of text inside the file. You might want to use the code tags. Here's what my launchcmds.txt looks like:

Code: Select all

-rez Custom\Resources\DA_Pack.REZ -rez Custom\Resources\DM_Pack.REZ -rez Custom\Resources\LC_Pack.REZ -rez Custom\Resources\LDSO.REZ -rez GAME.rez -rez sound.rez -rez GAME2.rez -rez custom -rez gamep5.rez -rez gamep6.rez -rez "D:\Tron 2.0\tcdg\game" +mod Retail -rez Custom\Mods\Retail\Killer_App_Mod.REZ +multiplayer 0  +DisableMusic 0 +DisableSound 0 +DisableMovies 1 +DisableJoystick 1 +DisableTripBuf 0 +DisableHardwareCursor 0 +DisableHardwareSound 0 +DisableSoundFilters 0  -windowtitle "TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod"