VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Red
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Voice acting required?

Post by VorMaeN »

__o-o I'm somewhat of a voice actor. Good enough I guess to get the attention of the MERP project for Skyrim. Well they are not quite ready for me as they are putting most of the world together right now. I have two things to share but as a new user I am not allowed to post the media link. Rest assured, I am no new user, I have been playing your mods on and off for years, everytime I need my Tron fix. Let me know if you'd like links for the wav files.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Voice acting required?

Post by TronFAQ »

Hi, and welcome to our site. T-D (GREETINGS)

We could definitely use voice actors for User Error 3. We've already got one volunteer, and I'm thinking we'll probably need at least two people. I'm sure everyone is tired of the same few people on the team doing many of the characters. We can only disguise the sound of our voices, in so many ways.

Right now we don't have a script, just a story outline. So it's going to be a little while before we have actual lines written out for people to read. We'll get back to all the volunteers once a script is ready. Thanks in advance for your patience! !YES! (YES)
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Cool beans. Well just some backround info, I have been doing voice work on and off for years, I am the second cousin of Billy Crystal and it definitely shows in a lot of my work. I am also a concept artist and all around geek by nature, which makes working on a LOTR or Tron project my ideal fun. Some of my work can be viewed at deviantart under my username and as soon as I am allowed to post a link to my voice recordings I will make that available to you guys. As I have said before I have followed this site for years and love the work you're doing. Very professional and exciting!

OH.....before I forget, I have a WIDE array of voices, so I could take care of a lot of characters. Just let me know when you give me access to post my voice acting link to mediafire.
Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

Might I still provide the voice for Jeremy?
I'm not active in the UE3 project, but I'm always glad to help out in any capacity.
You don't think my voice has changed much in 10 years now, eh?
This space intentionally left blank.
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Hey I'm not gonna step on anyone's toes. I just have so much fun doing voice work a lot of times it feel like in AAA titles no one really cares to put their full all into the character, I think that detracts from the immersion of the game. So I will take whatever role anyone wants to give me, but expect I will drill you guys on the character's backround. I wanna do things right for you guys. AHA finally I can post links!!!

darkness voice test
http://www.mediafire.com/?26427drmddcmc7r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MERP old man quest dialog
http://www.mediafire.com/?bor9bm2ca7l8hre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

@Meatsack: Of course! We need to get you involved in some way. Without you, there wouldn't have been a User Error in the first place. T-)

@VorMaeN: I'll make sure that the team and myself listen to your voice clips. Thanks again for volunteering. Appreciated! !YES! (YES)
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Thanks for letting me know. I think the quality on some of those recordings was poor in my eyes, but I was pretty new at learning the ins and outs of Audacity. Still working on it. Just let me know if I will work for ya!!! Someone requested a long darkness clip, so I killed my throat trying to get this down.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xrjl2sicc2sud2d
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

@VorMaeN: Not sure about anyone else on the team, but I downloaded your voice clips and listened to them. Very nice work. T-)

As soon as we have a proper script, we'll contact you ASAP. I don't know if you saw the trailer I just posted for the User Error 3 mission, but that's all the dialogue we have at the moment. T-D Which isn't much, that's for sure. (That should change pretty quickly.) I think it best that we give voice roles to volunteers for the more major characters, mind you. The character in the trailer is only a minor one.
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Whatever you guys need. I am more than happy to oblige.
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Okay, don't freak out. The next clip is all me. I swear. Took a lot of work and changing my voice pre process but I like how it came out. Let me know how it sounds. Gotta get a better mic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?40lttubuf4hzt1r
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Heh, that is definitely freaky yet cool. It's amazing what editing software can do.

We did the same thing for some of our voices in the earlier User Error missions, to stretch the voice acting and make it sound like there were more than only 3-4 people doing voices. But we certainly didn't do as well as you just did. T-)
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Thank you, that was such a compliment. I loved the voice acting from user Error 1 and 2, especially 2, and thought you guys had put a tremendous amount if work into it. I would love to be a part of something so cool. Tron has been my childhood aspiration. Count me in.

I have never had any formal training in using this software but I love what you can accomplish with it. I hope it comes in handy, but I'd be more than happy to leave the editing up to you guys, probably have more experience than I.

My first test is here http://www.mediafire.com/?odommpsmzgy8we2 was in my ears a bit sloppy, it almost had a hint of the MCP in it, and I actually had to create three separate voices to make it sound unique.
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Those are great, we could definitely use a voice talent on the team!
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
VorMaeN
Registered users
Registered users

Post by VorMaeN »

Any requests or characters you can send my way that you will eventually need voice work can help me help you to get the character down. Let me know if you need my private email.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

VorMaeN, I left you a private message here on the forum, but it seems you haven't read it yet. Just wanted to let you know, in case you missed it.