Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: User Error 3

Post by TronFAQ »

Ludsky wrote:When User Error 3?
Some time in 2014.
- Node ES (do not picture)
Not a bug, per se. I think, at the time UE1 and UE2 were made, no one knew how to show a picture of the program you're talking to at I/O Nodes. For UE3, you'll see a picture now.

- Voice of people is strange
The voices in UE1 were mostly done by one person, so yeah it's not all that great because of the lack of variety. UE1 definitely needed more people to do voices, but at the time no one really volunteered.

For UE2, it was a combination of three real people and several synthesized (text to speech software) voices.

For UE3, we'll continue the trend of using a mix of real and synthesized voices. Real people for major characters, synthesized for lesser characters.

Perhaps change some textures ??
I don't think UE1 and UE2 are going to see many further updates. If any changes still occur in the future, they will be minor fixes. Nothing as substantial as changing the level designs.
Ludsky
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: None

Post by Ludsky »

Thanks for your answer :)

2014... is so long :s I see picture of User 3 Error, is wonderful, i think is the best of User Error !
Kevin96
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by Kevin96 »

(GREETINGS)
I don´t know very much about the tron 2.0 mods ,but i am a big tron fan(especially legacy).
i just wanted to ask if it wouldn´t be way easier (for users and coders) if user error 1+2+(3) would be a single mod(exe), and you could play through them seamless ,without installing mod 1 ,then playing ,then installing mod 2...
I haven´t used any mods yet (i´ll try them out soon...tomorrow maybe ?) ,i just wanted to know...
and sorry for my imperfect english ,i am from austria^^
(EOL)
o-o__ |___| |___| |___| |___| |___| |___| __o-o
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Welcome to our forum, Kevin96. Your English is actually very good, so no need to apologize. T-)

When User Error 3 is finished, it might be worth revisiting the idea of creating one mod that contains all three missions. Definitely something to think about.

If you install UE1, it automatically becomes active. The next time you play Tron 2.0 and start a new Single Player game you'll be playing the new mission.

When you're finished UE1 and install UE2, then UE2 will become active and you can play the next part. There is no need to load a saved game from UE1 in UE2.

If you install UE1 and then UE2 immediately after, UE2 will be active. But you can easily change it back to UE1 by clicking the Tron 2.0 icon to run the launcher, then click the Custom button at the bottom. Remove the X in the box beside UE2 and place it beside UE1 instead.

When you uninstall UE1 or UE2, they will automatically deactive themselves and go back to the original Tron 2.0 Single Player mission.

If you don't place an X in any box in the launcher, then you will also go back to the original Tron 2.0 Single Player mission. The Custom button controls which mod is currently active.
Kevin96
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by Kevin96 »

TronFAQ wrote:Welcome to our forum, Kevin96....mod is currently active.
thx for the answer and the information.it´s always nice to see a (modding-)community that is still active after so many years.what you (all) do is at least as impressive as what the ParaWorld community is doing ^^ (EOL)
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

T-) (GREETINGS)

Tron FAQ, You probably don' remember this about me but I am a multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter. I write, record, produce and engineer all my own stuff in my home studio. I do soundtrack work and sampling (sfx) and I have the equipment to change and manipulate sounds and vocals, etc. If the User Error 3 project is still underway in any form and you need sound talent and engineering, count me in.

Aside from that - with my newly obtained knowledge of things like 3DS Max, Unity, Unreal, etc. I am making my return to custom map making with Dedit as I graduate very soon in August. I was thinking about making some of my own expansion content. I am a writer (scripts) but I cannot code and I hate coding. Aside from that I make custom textures and models, etc.

Let me know if this project is still active. T-]

Happy trails |___| |___| |___| __o-o
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Hey, Techro! Long time no hear. T-) Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, User Error 3 is still alive. But progress is also very slow. I was hoping to be much further along with my contributions, than I currently am. I'll continue working on everything until I'm done, though. No matter how long it takes.

I think maybe early 2017 is now a more realistic ETA for the completion of UE3. If you'd like to contribute, I'm sure the team would welcome the help. I definitely would. !YES! (YES)
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

Great! Thx for the reply. I assume the team consists of the same from the first two so that would be Meatsack, Mor_Evil, Zook and yourself I believe - right?

Happy Trails!

|___| |___| |___| |___| __o-o
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

UE1 was done by Meatsack, by himself. He did all the levels and came up with the story. Though he asked for people to contribute voices, so I did the Kernel and Redirect programs for him.

UE2 was done by Mor.Evil-1, Win3K, and Zook_One. Meatsack wasn't able to continue working on User Error, so LDSO volunteered to do Part 2. I contributed one of the voices again, and later on I ended up fixing some bugs in the levels and adding the Gold Launcher ICPs.

UE3 wasn't originally planned, but we got a lot of feedback from players saying that the ending of UE2 left the story open-ended, and they wanted some kind of resolution. So we brainstormed and came up with a new chapter that I think people will like, and bring closure to the saga of Jeremy. T-)

To the best of my knowledge, the people working on UE3 levels right now are deeahchur, Win3K, and myself. Kain-Xavier and Zook_One also made contributions in the form of models and prefabs. We have some music that's been contributed by people who enjoyed UE1 and UE2, too.

Several other people showed interest, in terms of contributing assets. But so far, we haven't heard back from them.

And some have indicated they want to do voices for characters, including Meatsack. We'll be getting back to them once the story and dialogue is finalized. !YES! (YES)
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

Hey folks, (GREETINGS)

Just checking in for an update on the beginning and/or on going process of UE3. Again - having a fairly decent yet small home studio w/ keys, soundfx, sndtrk., sampling, etc. and voice/editing technology, etc. I would like to lend my efforts to helping with this. I already did sound on 2 class assignment projects that included music but also do some environment.hard surface modeling/editing & textures. So - let those willing to continue on your already excellent work know that I will be on deck as well if you need. I also write.... T-]

I just graduated w/ Bachelors in Game Art & Design and will have much more free time. Working on my website(s) and portfolio now - will update on that. T;)

|___| |___| |___| |___| |___| |___| __o-o

P.s. - ..... T~o T%o |___| __o-o < ---- anyone up for an appointment for a match? Dick or LC, even deathmatch? Message me through here or email chris.h1984.ch@gmail.com - Facebook connect upon request.

T=| (EOL)
Techro |___| __o-o

Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

P.P.S. - anyone play Ark - Survival Evolved or BSGO (Battlestar Galactica Online) to name a couple. Steam connect as well?
Techro |___| __o-o