UE pt.2 (non-steam) Client MFC has stopped working...

General information regarding the second,
And final installment of this Single Play expansion for Tron2.0
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

UE pt.2 (non-steam) Client MFC has stopped working...

Post by Techromancer »

Hello folks,

I bet you thought I forgot about you guys huh? Nope. Been busy getting my degree, will be doing my internship in a matter of weeks and graduating in August with my Bachelors in Game Art & Design. Looking forward to having more free time to work on my own stuff and game a little more than I have been. T-]

I have the disks and reinstalled the game on my laptop, played through User Error 1 and finished it. I am trying to Get into UE2 and continue but every time I load the - ....yatta yatta..british connection I get Client MFC has stopped working. I have run the autorun file as an administrator - same stuff.

Tron 2.0 and User Error 1 worked fine on this laptop - it is Windows 8.3 Alienware - can provide details if needed but again - this is non-steam.

Happy Trails |___| |___| |___| __o-o
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: UE pt.2 (non-steam) Client MFC has stopped working...

Post by TronFAQ »

Huh, the game crashing like that is odd. Particularly if you've already gotten part way through UE2.

I'm thinking there's two possibilities here. 1) Your saved game for that level somehow became corrupt. 2) If you installed the Killer App Mod to get UE2 to work in widescreen, after already playing partway through, that could be it. Killer App makes enough changes, that saves done before it was installed will cause the game to crash. (While saves after Killer App was installed will work, of course.)

Here's something you can try to perhaps figure out what's going on.

Start UE2 from the beginning. After the first level has loaded, hit the T key on the keyboard and type "mpmaphole" (without the quotes). Then press Enter. This will cause the game to skip to the next level. Keep doing that until you reach the British Connection level. See if the level will load, because you started over from the beginning.

If it doesn't crash now: then it means you either have to go back to an older save, or start over for real. T-(
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

Tried to no avail. You know what - I miss Tron 2.0 anyway so I started it all over, this time on HARD. Lemme say - pun intended, it's hard. For the first 60-65% of the game I used no cheats but saved and quick-saved often. Finally - mainly because I am in some really demanding classes now and graduating 8/3 (Hence - little time to play/enjoy basically anything) - I had to use some health cheats. So, as per suggestions I have seen - since this, my new and best laptop suited for gaming I am going to finish 2.0 yet again and play Killer App. When done I will re-start UE 1 then 2. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

|___| |___| |___| |___| __o-o

Happy trails!
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

I just had to restart it at this point which is fine but thanks again.
Techro |___| __o-o

Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

Ok - finished the game once again - this time on hard, played some LC (but the floor is invisible after a few boards) and finally made my way back to User Error/ part 2 is working finally! T-) !YES! (YES)

Happy trails! T-]

Techro |___| __o-o

Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

Well, Finished Pt.1 & and 2 - I think it is only the second time - this time on hard diff. ---> you guys did such a great job on this - it is good to be back!!! T-)

Happy Trails Programs!....

Techro |___| __o-o