GreySaber
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Fantastic!

Post by GreySaber »

Excellent work! I was so glad to find this....

Very exciting. I had unpacked Tron 2.0 for another play, and I found this....

Excellent work. I imagine I'm Purple to be more data wraithy?

Now, did I just play part one or part one AND two bundled? I downloaded it last night.... (March 15)

So I don't know if I played both parts that are released, or if I need to look for another part.

Silly question, I know...... The screen shots in the thread for part two look like stuff I played, so I think I played both parts....

My ending was.........

Being imprisoned by 'Mac' after stealing a recogniser and ending up in a light cycle holding pen.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Fantastic!

Post by TronFAQ »

Greetings, GreySaber. Welcome to our site. :D

If the download was 62 megs and you played more than five levels, then you've played both parts.

Also, there's only one ending. Just in case anyone drives themselves crazy trying to find out if there's more than one.
GreySaber
Registered users
Registered users

Post by GreySaber »

Dang. I was hoping for more, but yep, seems it was both parts bundled.

MINOR complaints.

1. The instructions could use a bit of sprucing up. I opened the game and hunted for "Custom" for a long time before I figured out it was suppose to be on the launcher. Silly of me, I know.

2. Power block doesn't seem to have an upgraded version until fairly late in the game and I only found 2 or 3 "Upgrade if yourself" scrubbers, which where fairly early.

I would like to say the grid bugs kick ass, and it's about time we got some of those things!

Here's a request. I reallly, reallllllly reallllllllllly want to drive a tank. I love tron tanks, I have always loved tron tanks, and I want to DRIVE a tron tank.

OK, that last part is likely impossible under the code of the game. I'm just putting it out there.
data_ghost
Registered users
Registered users

Post by data_ghost »

Funny that, when i first appeared on tron 2.0 forums, on a website quite similar to this one, one of my first posts was a request to be able to drive tron tanks as well :D Well unfortunately it just isn't possible with tron 2.0 now dated system and also the fact that we don't have the source code.
Read my NEW blog, fool!
http://iliketolaugh.tumblr.com/
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I wanted tanks too...

Hey welcome
GreySaber
Registered users
Registered users

Post by GreySaber »

Yep. If I had been the designer of the tron game, I think I would have gone with the 'life of tron.'

It would be easy to write... Tron starts out being worked on by Alan-1... the MCP rises to power...

Ya know, I'd like to see more enemies in these games like the ones IN tron. Did Tron mostly fight tall ISP thingys? Nope. Those ARE based on the guards in the movies, but Tron's real enemies looked like him. The "Warrior elite" of the MCP.

So you then have Tron running around all over the place as a rebel maybe? Finally capture and confinement to the game grid.... Escape with Flynn.... seperation from Flynn with lots of adventure.... Espeically in tanks...
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Well, Disney was planning an expansion for Tron 2.0 that would have allowed you to play the scenes you saw in the movie. But since Tron 2.0 didn't sell "well enough" for them, they cancelled the expansion.

If the LDSO team creates another single player mission, we'll see what we can do. You won't be able to drive around in a Tank and shoot at things, but maybe we can come up with something.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

tronfaq wrote:Well, Disney was planning an expansion for Tron 2.0 that would have allowed you to play the scenes you saw in the movie. But since Tron 2.0 didn't sell "well enough" for them, they cancelled the expansion.

If the LDSO team creates another single player mission, we'll see what we can do. You won't be able to drive around in a Tank and shoot at things, but maybe we can come up with something.
Maybe a rail-shooter mission where you're riding on top of a tank, and you've gotta defend it from gridbugs?

I'd love to help you guys plan some missions for "the next SP expansion" if it ever surfaces, but I can't guarantee that I'd be able to put a ton of time and effort into it. :D
http://timewastergames.blogspot.com

Timewaster Games = teh w00t :D
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Greysaber,

Greetings Program and welcome! I'm glad you really enjoyed User Error. It took a lot of time and effort. I'm really proud of the way the grid bugs turned out and am glad to hear some compliments on 'em.

If you love the tanks check out the Clu Terminal derez map I created. You can't drive a tank but at least you can go inside one.

-Z
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers