User Error Walkthrough

General information regarding the second,
And final installment of this Single Play expansion for Tron2.0
Shemini
Registered users
Registered users

User Error Walkthrough

Post by Shemini »

I know most of you all probably got through the user error mod with no problem. But I'm not an avid player. I just found this mod after 3 years and have had a tough time getting back. So, a small guide would help. :)
win3k
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Re: User Error Walkthrough

Post by win3k »

Morning chaps

Is there a particular part you're stuck on? I know that there's one or two areas that seem to trip some folks up.

As far as there being a definitive walkthrough, to the best of my knowledge there isn't one, but if anyone feels like stepping up to that particular plate, knock yourself out.

win3k
ldso://win3k - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
Shemini
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Shemini »

There is a specific part. It's where you must uplink to the defunct soviet satellite after Karl gets captured by FCON. There are three colored "buttons" that you must reconfigure to open the uplink. I can't seem to figure out what the order is. Did I miss something?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

If I remember correctly, from left to right: Red, Green, Blue.

But there are different shades of Red, Green, and Blue. I think you always want the brightest shade in every case.

The order of the colors is mentioned somewhere. There's definitely a hint. I think it might have been one of the e-mails.
Shemini
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Shemini »

Thank You! That helped me so much. :) :) :)
Nickolas
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by Nickolas »

Finished whole UE Campaign last week - very, very creative, I must say. Beautifully stunning, levels are differ from each other, LOVED the puzzles! You've done a great job visualizing abstract things into real object and spaces.
So, yesterday, I started User Error from the beginning and tried different answers to some questions that NPS's ask. And here is the problem!

In the very first level when you arrive to this fellow you have a choice of 2 variants - this time I tried the 2nd answer

Image Image

Image Image

Here I'm getting the permission which allows me to take the upper-jump sub-routine under red boxes.
Upgrading this sub-routine, allowing me to jump to this boxes and walk upon the yellow

But to this point - that's all i can do. I could'nt open any extra archive-box with this set of permissions, or reach upper rooms the alternative way by jumping.

Is it so, or, I'm missing something here?

P.S. BTW, even if you choose the first answer for that fellow, and start opening archive by archive, at the end, I was'nt able to open all boxes in that room, more than a half of them still required more permissions. Is it possible to collect all of them or not?
Mor.Evil-1
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Red

Post by Mor.Evil-1 »

Greetings Programigo,
The first levels (Anything before Infested Space Junk) were created in all parts by meatsack.

From what I can remember,
He set it up that you are not able to open all of the archive bins, just as they did in the actual 2.0 game.

If this programs old hard drive and memory banks serve correctly,

Meat set them up that way so:
1 - You had to search for the correct permissions, and not just have them handed to you.
2 - It adds to the level play time, and the actual challenge of the level.

If you got your jump permission,
And the ball primitive, your all good to go!

Remember,
There may be more than one path,
But they don't always lead to the same/correct place.

Lates
Mor
ldso:// Living Dead System Operators Clan
[2.0PD] 2.0 Program Developers
Support the movement!
http://www.flynnlives.com

See you on the Grid!!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

Greetings, Nickolas.

I'll give you a hint. You need to somehow get through the ceiling. Look carefully for anything unusual above you. :D
Nickolas
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by Nickolas »

tronfaq wrote:Greetings, Nickolas.

I'll give you a hint. You need to somehow get through the ceiling. Look carefully for anything unusual above you. :D
hah, the idea that you have to through your disc three times did'nt come to my mind intuitively

speaking of motivating a player to take a riskier path...

Maybe, when you finally reach the forth RED floor, i would reward a player with an extra permission, that unlocks some of that archive-boxes on the third floor beneath you, that are left untouched.

Upon this, I would tease a player, who chose an easier path (first answer) with an archive box right before an exit, placing it somewhere here :P

P.S. You've done awesome work, greetings from Moscow :)
If you plan some expansion, I would love to participate as a story-writer, cause I adore the visual style of TRON 2.0 and waiting for an opportunity to write and direct some video on the subject, maybe music-video or game.

Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

Thank you, Nickolas, for the kind assessment of the expansion.
The other users are correct, aside from some voice rework by TronFAQ, the first five levels are entirely my work.
(Thanks again FAQ for helping out with those voices. Try as I did, they all sounded like me with bad accents!)

Just trivia now, I suppose, but when I first had the level playable, I hadn't included the disk as an option at all. By making the choice at the redirect program, either the ball or rod was granted as the first weapon. If you chose to access the "upper partition", it was necessary to stick the ball to the wall by the ceiling to pop it open. Later, when I realized that NOTHING got into a system without a disk to record all their actions, did that become somewhat moot and I had to regulate access to the Y-Amp powerup through the choice so that the player could not have access to ALL the downloads available both above and below.

Also, Mor is right in that I didn't intend all of the Bins to be accessible. It's a bit of realism and also to mess with OCD players that can't stand to not know what's in those boxes. :twisted: Anyhoo, if memory serves, if someone used the cheat code to get all the permissions, I think I set all the download energy requirements to 500 (max) and made all the modules "unknown" and Alpha versions of the scan apps or something like that. The permissions are useless (had to cheat to get them, right?) And the emails are all duplicates of what you can find everywhere else in the level. Don't stress about any easter eggs I might have left lying around. I'm no bunny. LDSO left a nice one near the end of the game, though. I lol'd.

Well anyway, the holidays are over for a while now and I might be able to spend more time online again. No promises, though. It's just good to have a safe haven of friends to visit every now and again.
This space intentionally left blank.