pauldelamancha
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: None

Finished Last night- very impressed

Post by pauldelamancha »

I didn't know what to think of it when I started but within a level or two I was sucked in and I must admit I don't think the original developers could have done a better job. I found myself staying up late addicted to seeing what else was in store in the game just like I had with the original (when I should have otherwise been resting and getting ready for work the next day!). I realize the game is getting on in years now but I hope plans for the continuation of the story haven't been abandoned. This kind of made the fact Buena Vista canned the follow up game a little easier to take. The trees in the land of reboot were a nice touch and the grid bugs rocked. I continuously found myself surprised by little things that the original developers of the game should have included but didn't. Anyway, good job guys, I just hope it isn't the last! The world needs to find out what becomes of Jeremy!
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Re: Finished Last night- very impressed

Post by zook_one »

Thanks for taking the time to let us all know you enjoyed User Error. We don't get much feedback, good or bad so we love hear what people think.

What would you like to see in a sequel?
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
tronman63304
Registered users
Registered users
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by tronman63304 »

would be cool to have a rescue for Jereme as jet

PS: i loved it as well but when i played it i did not know you guys had made it :D
while hacking his computer and arguing with the MPC tronman was shot with a laser from behind and digitized. when half digitized a message window poped up and it read
fatal error file canot be transfered click ok to cancel
WARNING file will be lost
win3k
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by win3k »

Morning chaps

Thanks for the kind words - like Zook said, we don't tend to get much feedback one way or the other (despite the mod having been downloaded like 1,300 times :roll: )

There is a possibility of a sequel; I have a few ideas both on paper and in-game (and I'm sure the other crew members have as well). Let's just see what happens.

win3k
ldso://win3k - Living Dead System Operators
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

I've been wanting to do Single Player levels since forever. Be it in Tron 2.0 or Tron Evolution, wherever the next chapter makes its appearance . . . count me in when the time comes. :D

Although I love all the work that everybody did on UE2 (all the levels are great), Zook fulfilled something that I too felt was missing in the game.

Where the hell was the level with the vast digital landscape? I would've loved to have just wandered around a quiet area with energy pools and "waterfalls". And then imagine if you could ride a Light Cycle around that landscape. The NOLF games had that. Why didn't Tron 2.0?! :P
pauldelamancha
Registered users
Registered users

Post by pauldelamancha »

Hmmmm. Maybe Jeremy could work in tandem with someone he meets in the lockup so to speak to escape. It would be really cool if the program he worked with exited and became a user, that would be an interesting twist. Another option would be him getting "hired", "drafted", or "coerced" into hacking back to Mac after he escaped since of course he probably knows a few things about him now (kind of a ladyhawk type thing where the kid escapes the un escapable prison only to be forced to help someone else get back in). Anyway those are a few thoughts. I'll post more if I have any ideas that really stand out.
Mor.Evil-1
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Red

Post by Mor.Evil-1 »

Ty for the kind words,
Ahhh the notorious Reco level. . . .
That Zook sure can build some eye candy!
Seems to be the main levels that stand out for everyone,
and the ones we hear most about.

Maybe you should cut and paste that canyon in a DM map Z

Mor
ldso:// Living Dead System Operators Clan
[2.0PD] 2.0 Program Developers
Support the movement!
http://www.flynnlives.com

See you on the Grid!!
tronman63304
Registered users
Registered users

Post by tronman63304 »

that would be awesome :D
while hacking his computer and arguing with the MPC tronman was shot with a laser from behind and digitized. when half digitized a message window poped up and it read
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

I don't think either of my User Error Levels would make very good DM levels. I've got another project currently in the works that will play much better than those ever could.

-Z
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

I had written a movie script for User Error that is roughly what I had in mind for the entire expansion. If it's not available for download at tron-sector, I'll make it available here. When I started making the mod, I didn't realize how much work it was going to be! I had made the first 5 levels on my own when LDSO was formed and started helping out. They pretty much did all the rest after that. I was wore out and life was kicking my butt (and still is!).

As for more work on UE or even some MP levels for it, I have a few ideas as well. The guys know that I'm more of a level mechanic than an artist, so my ideas are mostly about how to make a MP Storyline rather than direct competition. I also have switched units from a desktop to a laptop and need to reinstall it all yet again. Then I might get to tinkering some more. :p

As for now, I'm about to move again due to another career change, so I'm not so sure about how much free time I'll have in the coming months. I'll be sure to make LDSO.net one of my daily surf sites from now on. I really do miss the camaraderie of map making with all of you guys. We'll get back to it sometime (soon, I hope!).

EDIT:
Instant PS: If you want to take the 4-layered disc cylinder level (Lvl 4: Vertigo, I think) and knock it down to 2 layers and rework the internals of the bunkers, it might work as a quick and dirty Deathmatch level.
This space intentionally left blank.
tronman63304
Registered users
Registered users

Post by tronman63304 »

the level in the begining with the storage areas would be a cool mp level, the one with the data leak
clearsteel
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by clearsteel »

It has been a while in coming that I gave feedback, and you deserve to hear it. I very much enjoyed the User Error game, and found that the storyline was, by and large, well done. The gameplay felt, at times, a little too linear, meaning that you only have one option available to you. The first and second levels were really great with how there was more than one way to get to the ending. The canyon with the grid bugs let you travel around to find the right way, so it didn't feel linear even though the solution was (and loved the psychadelic cave . . . nice touch. I never seem to see all the resource hogs no matter how careful I am. I always get at least one suffusion blast to the back). I think one of my favorite levels in how it played out and the ability to explore was the level getting all the permissions to assemble the recognizer. It felt like I was moving through an area that fit what it was described. And there were structures that were there, but not needed for use. That being said, when I first played the original, I really felt like I was exploring, and that there was not totally fixed path I had to follow. It wasn't until I knew the game from playing once that I realized just how linear it was. It seemed like a world, that could be explored, even if there wasn't much to explore (like the city hub level). Some of the ways that the original pulled this off was by giving a sense of size, and that you were a small part of it (like the shuttle moving you from the between areas you acted in). The other is making it so an area felt complete, and not just a necessary connection between where you were and where you are going (think the light cycle level where there is a lounge with lockers and people to talk to, gambling that happens, and a hologram of a light cycle floating around). I realize that these are finish details, which is why I said that the gameplay is great. I also realize that the finish details frequently take more time than it is worth (I do a bit of blender 3D modeling, and know how you can finish 95% of the product quickly, and then spend outrageous amounts of time finishing the last 5%).

The initial sattelite level (with the strange gravity well that would pull you out if you went too far down the hallway) didn't have the same look, and just seemed like the wall geometries needed a little altering on the skins to give it the finished look. Loved the viral infection. I like playing that part of the game, trying to win with different weapons each time. Makes for a fun short fight. I also liked you including the logic probe (that part where it was invisible, but your marker would cue in on the empty space was a little wierd). And the multilevel scramble for permissions was downright brutal, especially with the ever incoming enemies. I would add the slight detail of something that makes it easier to distinguish between levels you are on, and the first time I played, figuring out the "elevator" aspect took me forever. I wandered for the longest time till I figured it out. Guess that shows how much multiplayer I play.

So, all in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish that blender had an easier interface with dedit (unless I am missing something major). I would love to work on making levels, but can't afford maya (which I understand is the product of choice when developing levels). I have imported objects, but cannot get it to scale (so an object I make that is large in blender transfers to a tiny object in dedit). I will figure it out, though.

Thanks for the work!
DWolvin
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by DWolvin »

Might not be the proper place for this, but the thread that looks more appropriate has not had a post in two years or so. So I stumbled in here a bit lost, and found your mod- I will let you know as soon as I find my Tron 2.0 disk, but even before that~ THANK YOU! I really enjoyed this game, and finding a single player mod is reason enough to reinstall and playthrough again. Love the movie, love the game, love you guys.