xdantespardax
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Widescreen update?

Post by xdantespardax »

Hi guys, thx for making this mod (nearly as good as the game itself!). I just wondered what the latest was on the widescreen? I tried changing the display.cfg resolution to 1360x768 but it doesn't have correct aspect ratio. It's weird though coz I noticed when you use the LOL weapon and zoom in, the perspective changes to widescreen (i.e. correct), but when you zoom out it goes stretched again!

Anyway, still playable though, I just wish more people would make mods/levels. Makes a change from all the usual army games/modern warfare stuff of today.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Re: Widescreen update?

Post by TronFAQ »

It's still coming. The goal now is to get it done before Evolution comes out. Probably within the next two weeks.
xdantespardax
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by xdantespardax »

Nice, thx 4 that! Do you think Evolution will be better than Tron 2.0, it sounds ok from what I've heard but not sure if it'll have the same atmosphere. I suppose though that Tron 2.0 did suffer a bit from repetitiveness, and also lack of cool battles with the tanks and recognisers. Despite all that, it still managed a ton of imagination and immersiveness. Hopefully the new game will recapture that.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

xdantespardax wrote:Do you think Evolution will be better than Tron 2.0
In my personal opinion? No, not really.

I think we've all seen and read enough by now to form a pretty informed opinion. There have been plenty of videos showing lengthy portions of single player and multiplayer. If the game isn't done then it's nearly done, and about to go out for approval process and manufacturing.

Multiplayer has potential, but Single Player looks tedious. Evolution has none of the charm or sense of wonder that Tron 2.0 did. It's all about running on walls and beating up your opponents, brawl style. That just doesn't appeal to me. Instead of focusing completely on the strengths of what is unique about Tron, they've done a shopping list of what looks cool in other games and ripped them off, in the hopes it will sell more copies. And I think it will backfire on them. Sure, the game will probably sell okay. It has the movie to hype it up, after all. Something Tron 2.0 didn't have. But I don't believe Evolution will be a huge hit like they hope.

Again, personal opinion. For as many people that agree with me, there are just as many that don't. Multiplayer at least looks all right. And the movie looks good to me. 8-)

Anyway, back to working on things . . . including the updated UE2.
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

tronfaq wrote:And I think it will backfire on them
Even i agree to all you said, except of this point i'm not sure, because of those facts:
-Evolution is like 'battlefield' (somewhere in a review this comparison was used). Now looking at the audience of Tron2.0 and for a game like battlefield, comparing them: audience of Tron2.0 was special, but small. So no mass product at all. Player decided to play something more simple, because...
-Players these days want to play short and fast games: not much to train, not much skills, not much to think, no frustration, all easy going. I know that 'cuz of my job, because if pps like to play more minigames then retailgames, being more in facebook then in normal client side games... well it says a lot about it.

Regarding to facts, that Disney is currently 'overflooding' everything with T:L & T:E, they proof that they are pointing to the mass-market. And based on the viral marketing and other stuff, they are following the mainstream.

Conclusion: T:E won't be a game i would like to play so far, based on that what i saw. If it should turns out that there is only third person view, and no stuff like skilled disc fight (instead of this auto aim stuff), i see no reason what should be the fun about it. I also didn't played Battlefield, and if T:E should be similar, there is nothing intresting in it for myself.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

Much later than promised, but finally arriving soon . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4FUfHsAbNs