Summer Games

Like to set up a time to play 2.0 post here!
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Summer Games

Post by Avi »

Let's all make an effort to meet on the grid this summer. We might even do a summer KOTG or something similar if we have enough people that are interested. There has been some activity in the servers lately, and if we all coordinate our playing times it will be a lot of fun for everyone involved.

Keep your Tronlink running and check the servers frequently. There is a lot of fun to be had still!
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Sweet, I'm in.

We should all make banners! That'd be awesome. I'll make a Youtube vid to promote the Summer fun. :-D

Who needs fresh air when we can kill eachother online at breakneck speeds in a dark cold room? :lol:
http://timewastergames.blogspot.com

Timewaster Games = teh w00t :D
SweatyPyro
Registered users
Registered users

Post by SweatyPyro »

Sounds like the greatest summer ever.

Not really, but it works.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

I think I had 60 points for two consecutive circuits last night, and it wasn't just Daddyo that I was beating up. All comers were treated like red-headed step-children and beaten mercilessly.

I wish I had a screenshot of the impressive maze that Daddyo set up for me. After about 2 dozen tight turns, I finally come out of it all and run into my own trail. Quite hilarious.
NicolA.exe

Post by NicolA.exe »

Of course, my topics relating to gametime & matches have been sacrificed for wannabe Tron players, who even are not worth to be called Tron fans as they mention too much games not related to the category retro in this & other forums.

Looks like our youngins took over & rule. Go ahead guys. :)
SGCJackOneill
Registered users
Registered users

Summer Games

Post by SGCJackOneill »

Greetings programs!
I know summer is over and the previous posts are old, but I had to reply here anyway.

I've played Tron 2.0 forever, however just recently purchased DSL capable of playing games online without high pings.

To my surprise the servers were empty :( This is a tragedy of massive proportions. Talk about Fatal Error!

However, I finally found someone after I stayed in long enough and it was totally worth it!

I was 7 years old when the movie came out, and it along with War Games were what got me into computers in the first place. I watch Tron on a regular basis, and now my children watch with *eyes wide open*.

How about Winter games? I'm constantly in C&CZeroHour as I'm leader of our clan, but I will check the Tron servers often.
I'll try to rez into the servers on the weekends, hope to see you on the grid!
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Summer Games

Post by TRON.dll »

Hey, Winter games are fine with me.

I've been checking the servers recently, too. Unfortunately, they're usually empty. :(

TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Hi SGCJackOneill, and welcome to the LDSO site. :D

People do still play, but you tend to find most people play on Friday evenings, weekends, or holidays. Not so much during the week.

I think the news about the TR2N movie sequel, has also caused a number of people to stumble across Tron 2.0 in their searches. They probably didn't even know the game existed, thanks to Disney's poor marketing and support of the game.

As you discovered, if you sit on a server and wait: sometimes within 10-15 minutes someone else will show up. Waiting for a bit, often works.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Welcome to our alternate existence!
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Interested in a last summer bash of Tron 2.0 next weekend Aug 20nd - 22nd?

I have a Teamspeak server together so we can all chat. I think we're long overdue on meeting each other (digitally at least) so lets do it! In Teamspeak 3 join server 'moonts.sytes.net' then join Tron room by clicking on it, it's up now. If you get an 'insufficient permissions' message when joining the room, text 'Admin' for permission.

I'll run a couple servers, maybe Tronfaq can have his new ones going too. We can cycle orthogonal style and vector discs till we drop.

Here's a couple 'main' times to meet, otherwise it's all weekend long: Noon, 6 PM, 9 PM, Midnight every day (Pacific time zone)

Downloads:
Teamspeak 3 http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Tronlink http://www.tronlink.net/

BTW if you haven't tried tronlink rants, your in for a treat.
Last edited by Daddyo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Daddyo wrote:Interested in a last summer bash of Tron 2.0 next weekend Aug 20nd - 22nd?

I have a Teamspeak server together so we can all chat. I think we're long overdue on meeting each other (digitally at least) so lets do it! IP is forthcoming.

I'll run a couple servers, maybe Tronfaq can have his new ones going too. We can cycle orthogonal style and vector discs till we drop.

Here's a couple 'main' times to meet, otherwise it's all weekend long: Noon, 6 PM, 9 PM, Midnight every day (Pacific time zone)

Downloads:
Teamspeak 3 http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Tronlink http://www.tronlink.net/

BTW if you haven't tried tronlink rants, your in for a treat.
I might join, though I probably wont be using Tronlink or Teamspeak due to being lazy.

This is all under the assumption that I am not engulfed in Metal Gear Solid 2 or something.

Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

Yeah like I said in the thread TronFAQ started, I will try to be around this weekend. I was out this past weekend. ::::)
Jizaboz

Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I added the ip to the teamspeak 3 server above. We have it through the week or so.
floven1
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by floven1 »

the tron channel keeps giving me an insuficcient permissions message.
mental block

no sig comes to mind

end of line
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I'm able to log in without a password. Did you give yourself a nickname? Have you upgraded to Teamspeak 3? Maybe there's an update.

I know at least one person who can't seem to use TS3. I just noticed it's still a beta...