Newegg Can Suck An Egg

Have something Non-game related to share?
Post it here!
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Newegg Can Suck An Egg

Post by Avi »

I bought two N560GTX cards at Christmas time from Newegg, and one of them had a broken fan blade. After getting the RMA from Newegg, I sent the broken card back in for a replacement. They sent it back, claiming that the sticker with the serial number is missing from the card (basically accusing me of tampering with it). Even though I have an invoice for two of the same cards, they refuse to honor the replacement plan due to a sticker that was apparently not on the card to begin with. Now, I'm at the mercy of the manufacturer, and if that doesn't work, I'll have a video card that wobbles for $200 bucks.

Does anyone know if you can replace the fans in the N560's? I even considered breaking a fan blade on the other side so that it is balanced (it's already broken!).

Does anyone have any suggestions?
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Newegg Can Suck An Egg

Post by TronFAQ »

You could try to repair the fan on the card yourself, but you'd void your warranty. I'd probably just do an RMA on it with the company which made the card, which is apparently MSI in this case. Supposedly, MSI has been pretty good with handling RMAs lately from what I read.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Newegg Can Suck An Egg

Post by Avi »

I'm going to contact MSI about it. Hopefully, they will honor their product and replace the entire unit since Newegg thinks that I purchased 2 of the same video cards from them and decided to return a third card to them that I purchased elsewhere.