Sometimes good things have to find an end...

Have something Non-game related to share?
Post it here!
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Sometimes good things have to find an end...

Post by xistence »

...so they will do for me. I took my time to think thorugh a lot of stuff, finally i came to the point that i have to do this step. I'll no longer be available nor i going to continue related projects. This is not happening because of anger or frustration, it is just because i don't know why honestly. Most projects will just find an audience to small to have fun watching other peoples having fun with your stuff. The technology itself is also too old and limitating and personal life and other projects keep me busy as well. As i just live for being creative and active, i'm missing a huge part for myself where i can advance and i'm able to create something for others to have fun with.
I also don't have much time to spent here or for the clan, so it would be unfair to appear as being 'active' even if i'm not.
And just to make clear: this clan was and still is the best experience i ever made, it was one of the longest and oldest clan i ever met and it has the most talented person i ever met, i call everyone as a good friend of mine without any exception, something that you are not met very often in your life. Same goes to a lot of resident visitors and users of the pages, be proud about that what you know and you can do, use it well!

I will continue doing other stuff and projects, for those who want to be kept informed, feel free to have a look on my page from time to time. Those who want to stay in contact are welcomed to send me an email (have a look on the page as well for the address). And no i'm not taking care of facebook, as i don't like this advertisment monitor, spying out every part of your life, so if your going to get in contact there, leave it! Better write an email directly to me.

I want everyone to keep this up as good and as long as possible. Build new maps and projects, as some of you are still full of motivation, use that! Keep up the good atmosphere and friendship that exists in here, be aware how friendly and honest those guys from this clan are, be kind to respect it.
I'm hope no one is pissed about that sudden decision, but something like this will never come with long announcements or in a good moment, so sorry. I just hope everyone will respect this.

Well, that's it.

X
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Sometimes good things have to find an end...

Post by TronFAQ »

Sad to hear that, but you'd discussed the possibility with me before so I'm not entirely surprised by this news.

I admire the work you've done, and the integrity you brought to the LDSO team (and the community as a whole) as one of its founders. You were always helping out anyone who asked, patient with them, and never said anything negative. Instead, you offered constructive criticism and encouraged others to keep trying.

The door will always be open for your return, should you change your mind. Perhaps we can still twist your arm in the future, to help out or collaborate again a little on future projects. T-]

Myself, I'll keep plugging away at a couple of projects (KA v1.2 and UE3) until they're complete. Then, I don't know what's next. Maybe, at that point, I'll pretty much retire from Tron 2.0 modding as well.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by deeahchur »

X,

I don't know if you'll read this here on the forums due to your decision, but I want you to know that you have been very encouraging to the Tron 2.0 community, and your presence and assistance will be missed. You brought a level of expertise and viewpoint that far exceeds any community in which I have previously been included. Your concepts and finished works inspired me to make my own maps, which is something that I had and still have not done for any other MP game. Your assistance with geometry and troubleshooting has been invaluable!

I understand your reasons for withdrawing. I, too, hope to see your involvement in some fashion in the future.

I will definitely be following your projects on your website, and I thoroughly look forward to seeing your dreams brought to fruition.

Best of luck!
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
Kain-Xavier
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Kain-Xavier »

I regret that I never got to know you well but your work speaks volumes. Best of luck to you, X!
Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

Hopefully, X will always have TRON in his heart and check in here on a regular basis.

I know I can't stay away for long. I'll always come back for the camaraderie.
I haven't contributed much more than talk for several years now and I appreciate
all that everyone here is still doing.

It doesn't take much effort to say "Tag!" once in a while, man.
I hope to see you around here, X. Don't be a stranger!
This space intentionally left blank.