Oblivion Film

Have something Non-game related to share?
Post it here!
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Oblivion Film

Post by Daddyo »

What do you guys think of the upcoming film previews http://www.oblivionmovie.com/? Like the visuals.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Oblivion Film

Post by TronFAQ »

Looks pretty good. Kosinski is definitely adept at visuals. Let's hope the story of the film is decent, too.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Yes, the good thing is that trailers tell nothing of how good the essential parts of a good story will be. For whatever reason that really is a necessary part of any film for me too, I actually like to watch old black and white films just as much as a modern film, because of how it pulls me in through the story. We really don't need all the details filled in for us. But...if the story AND visuals are good, well then.

Wasn't this his film idea? Hope it turns out well. You think he'll be the next Spielberg, with a different edge?
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I find it funny how reviewers complained about how confusing the movie was. I found it fun to figure out & tie up all the remaining elements with my family on the way home from the film. I'm glad he's making films that don't have to play to those who don't expend energy with a little bit of thought.

I liked it. And saw it at this amazing theater chain (accidentally) http://www.cinepolisusa.com/. If you haven't heard of it they had leather electric reclining seats, full bar, reserved seats, but a bit expensive. Merlot and a movie.