Warframe anyone?

Have something Non-game related to share?
Post it here!
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Warframe anyone?

Post by xistence »

I played Warframe the last days, very addictive. It has a great teamplay, lots of different gameplaying maps and a very nice and complex movement system. It reminds me for UT but much more of it. Especially using the melee (sort of katana) brings back memories when i first played Tron and got more and more used to it so more tricks and styles were possible, same here.
If anyone is playing this, feel free to drop me your game id, so i can add you. Heck, even the internal clan system looks very intresting, mabye LDSO should add one more game to the list?
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Warframe anyone?

Post by TronFAQ »

I've had my eye on Warframe, for a while. It looks pretty good.

The only thing that's held me back, is that it's a free to play game. On principle, I just don't like F2P, because you never actually own the game. They could shut down Warframe tomorrow, and too bad so sad. Sure, you didn't have to spend a penny on it if you didn't want to. But I really dislike the whole concept.

That being said: Warframe is one of the few F2P titles that might actually get me to play it, eventually. Despite my misgivings. I've also thought about giving Gotham City Impostors a shot, which was made by Monolith. It looks like goofy fun, and it went F2P, too.
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

TronFAQ wrote:The only thing that's held me back, is that it's a free to play game. On principle, I just don't like F2P, because you never actually own the game. They could shut down Warframe tomorrow, and too bad so sad. Sure, you didn't have to spend a penny on it if you didn't want to. But I really dislike the whole concept.
Same here, i absolutely share your thoughts and misgivings. In the first it looks like the same for Warframe, but going into the game details you can craft all stuff that you normally have to buy with premium, it would just take a bit longer for sure to find all resources to do that. That game has lots more details compared to other F2Ps.
And about the possible shutdown: to be honest every game can/will experience this sooner or later. As it is a F2P you have no loss except that another good game might be gone, but how many times did we and will we experience this? But for now someone can have some good time with it.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
Techromancer
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Techromancer »

I know this is an old post but I got into Warframe recently if anyone is still playing it.... - just saying.
Techro |___| __o-o

"the only clear view is atop the mountain of your dead selves...." Peter j Parroll

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche