Fract OSC

Have something Non-game related to share?
Post it here!
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Fract OSC

Post by xistence »

Stumbled over this little piece of software and can only recommen it. The looks reminds massively on the 80's Tron, the gameplay is exploring and puzzling, the world itself is very dynamic (lots of intresting animations and effects). If you like electronic sounds (minimal & ambient) it will be another plus. The story itself is that you have to 'rebuild' the sound in a electronic. Every success will unlock a feature in your 'studio' and yes: there is a location with floating panels and controls where you can create and mix your own sounds and tracks.
I spent several hours in this game and it was worth every buck (yes it is not freeware, but it has no highend price, about 15 Euro), a relaxed time with lot of creativity. You can find it on Steam.

Here is a small review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIEn2I0MDVQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greetz

X
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Fract OSC

Post by TronFAQ »

I played the free beta of FRACT, that came out a couple of years ago. I definitely enjoyed that, and have been looking forward to the full release.

I'll pick up the final version, but not until it goes on sale. I've made it a policy to, in general, not buy a game at release any more. So that any bugs will be fixed, and the price will drop, by the time I get around to playing it.

Here's another game I think I can recommend: Master Reboot. (I haven't actually played it yet, but I do own it now.) Though, I feel this is definitely a case where people should wait until it goes on sale. I picked it up as part of a Groupees Bundle for only $1.

It looks intriguing, but it's one of those games with very abstract concepts. Which some people might enjoy, and others not.

Here's a video review of it.