TR2N Plot Guessing Game (the 'not so serious' type of)

Have something Non-game related to share?
Post it here!
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Ooooooh! I'll play!

Like Avi said in the TR2N thread, the final movie has literally nothing to do with the teaser. The final movie stars a whole army of Z-Lots and Grid Bugs that start thinking with portals and take over Steam's servers, thus infecting every Steam cutomer's computer with a virus. Their ultimate mission: To steal all of the cake.

I'll have to make a poster, lol.
http://timewastergames.blogspot.com

Timewaster Games = teh w00t :D
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Re: TR2N Plot Guessing Game

Post by Avi »

Daddyo wrote:Keep the spam to a minimum please!
I think the above reply demonstrates exactly why Daddyo put that disclaimer in his post.

Here's my guess at the plot:

I'm thinking of an Apocalypse Now kind of situation, with Jet Bradley having to go into the digitized world to dispatch a slightly mad Flynn. Maybe Flynn gets corrupted some kind of way while in there and Jet is the only person that can handle the task. As for who would play the part of Jet, I'm guessing the kid from Transformers...a fresh face that kids already know from the new generation of action movies.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Avi wrote:Maybe Flynn gets corrupted some kind of way while in there
Completely original. Not inspired by TRON 2.0 at all. lol
and Jet is the only person that can handle the task.
I'm gonna say right now, I had enough of Jet the second he started talking. :???:
As for who would play the part of Jet, I'm guessing the kid from Transformers...a fresh face that kids already know from the new generation of action movies.
Nah, not annoying enough. :P

I said I'd make a pic to describe my description.

Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Avi wrote:
That's not spam, just a realistic depiction of a half-hearted crossover that would probably end up as a crappy one hour special on Disney channel.

I just realized something: I cannot imagine Disney channel doing a promo for TRON. It's not because Disney fails at TRON marketing, but because Disney channel is always so happy, bright, and plugging Hannah Montana crap, while TRON is serious, dark, and awesome.

BTW, when do you think everyone's finally gonna get tired of Hannah Montana? lol

SweatyPyro
Registered users
Registered users

Post by SweatyPyro »

TR2N....You'd have to look at the name of the title to make your guess correct.

In English, we'd pronounce it Trtwon.

Ter-Toon? It's going to start out with them testing the laser again, but instead of an apple, they digitize a tree. And not just any tree; One that was drawed by a 3rd grader, with crayons.

This test blows over the new F-Con Facility, for some God knows reason, which makes Flynn mental, seeing as he is of course the F-Con CEO (A man has to have a hobby, you know).

In Anger, he sends in Inode 2.0 (Yes, That Inode) to destroy everything natural in the digital universe....Images of trees, Gardening software, you name it.

Jet, the hallucinating Rogue he is, is sent by his Papa into the world to get rid of Inode, and when he does this, Flynn locks himself in a closet because he's upset.

The End. The fans will LOVE this.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

SweatyPyro wrote:TR2N....You'd have to look at the name of the title to make your guess correct.

In English, we'd pronounce it Trtwon.

Ter-Toon? It's going to start out with them testing the laser again, but instead of an apple, they digitize a tree. And not just any tree; One that was drawed by a 3rd grader, with crayons.

This test blows over the new F-Con Facility, for some God knows reason, which makes Flynn mental, seeing as he is of course the F-Con CEO (A man has to have a hobby, you know).

In Anger, he sends in Inode 2.0 (Yes, That Inode) to destroy everything natural in the digital universe....Images of trees, Gardening software, you name it.

Jet, the hallucinating Rogue he is, is sent by his Papa into the world to get rid of Inode, and when he does this, Flynn locks himself in a closet because he's upset.

The End. The fans will LOVE this.
Okay, Robert Iger. :P

In case you don't know who that is, that's the President of the Walt Disney Company.

Disney's marketing strategy:
-More Pirates
-More HSM
-More Hannah
-More Sequels
-More Pixar
-More Advertising
-More TV Movies
-More National Treasure
-More Pirates
-No TR2N Trailer for Fans
-More Pirates
-More Hannah
-More Hannah

Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

What I was trying to point out is that Daddyo only intended for one post per person to appear in this thread...not follow-up posts and amateur GIMP images. This is exactly what he was trying to avoid. The objective was to keep this thread CLEAN so that when the movie comes out it will be easy to go through the posts and see who was closer to the actual movie. Now, we have to skim the multiple posts and retorts as as usual. Now just mention "Guitar Hero" and this thread will be just like every other thread in this forum.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

Avi wrote:Now just mention "Guitar Hero" and this thread will be just like every other thread in this forum.
*Thinks of a creative way to blend TR2N and Avi's favorite guitar-themed music game*

I've got nuthin. :D

There were some pretty neat ideas over at Tron-Sector. One person said that Flynn might become the next MCP and that Clu would be like Sark.

Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Here's my take (borrowing some from Tronfaq's post, as well as Tron.dll's devotion to GH - not General Hospital):

Flynn becomes a germophobe (like Howard Hughes) and locks himself in a sterilized room, plotting how to cleanse the world of bacteria. Then it hits him, starting with the present generation of children he will train them to wipe their noses with a tissue, and bathe regularly.

A second revelation occurs, what is the best way to accomplish this task? Why all home video games are now tied on the internet, and 90% of the younger population play guitar hero. By hypnotically training their brains through subliminal screen messages and audio cues, Flynn develops Tr2n to permeate through the GH developers computers and covertly "upgrade" the GH software baseline.

It ends up working successfully, and nobody takes notice of the change in their kids, except those kids who decided to pick up a real guitar instead. Those children realize what is going on and fight back Flynn and all his madness, where all the battles take place in a virtual reality (of course!).
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

Daddyo,

In your plot, are you suggesting that the kids that play Guitar Hero are brainwashed slaves, and only kids that take up real instruments are smart enough to see what is going on?

Nah. Sounds too much like real life.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Avi wrote:kids that take up real instruments are smart enough to see what is going on?
Naah, I had to blend guitar hero in here with Tr2n somehow. I think it could make for some other type of sci-fi flick though...
SweatyPyro
Registered users
Registered users

Post by SweatyPyro »

Daddyo wrote:
Avi wrote:kids that take up real instruments are smart enough to see what is going on?
Naah, I had to blend guitar hero in here with Tr2n somehow. I think it could make for some other type of sci-fi flick though...
Perhaps a Sci-Fi Channel original movie.
TRON.dll
Registered users
Registered users

Post by TRON.dll »

SweatyPyro wrote:
Daddyo wrote:
Perhaps a Sci-Fi Channel original movie.
lol.

How bout this:

The trailer is the entire movie. However, when we see the final movie in theatres, it's slowed down so that it's 90 minutes long! lol

Be careful in this thread, we don't want Disney gettin' any bad ideas...

xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

TRON.dll wrote:Be careful in this thread, we don't want Disney gettin' any bad ideas...
For that i think we're a few years too late. Dizznay already proved to be able to have bad ideas... for many times already.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog