Go (Flynn's Game)

General information about the upcoming film: Tron Legacy
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Go (Flynn's Game)

Post by Avi »

"His patience usually wins over my more aggressive approach." - Quorra

The game that Quorra was referring to in Kevin Flynn's home is an ancient game called Go. This page explains it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_%28game%29

I found a free version of it about ten years ago after seeing the game played in the movie Pi. It is a combination of reversi (aka Othello), checkers, and chess. It is a difficult game to master, but I have spent a lot of time playing it over the years and became quite addicted to it.

If you like logic games, here's the link for the free download:

http://www.smart-games.com/igowin.html

You have to unzip it and create your own shortcut from the Program Files folder. It will not show up in Programs via the Start menu either.

Read up on how to play it and try it out. It's not for everyone, but there may be a few here that might enjoy it. A proper Go game between two people can last a long period of time (days/weeks), but the free software version wastes no time with its own aggressive approach.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Go (Flynn's Game)

Post by deeahchur »

I used to play Go during downtime working at a call center a couple years ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit and was pleasantly surprised to see it feature in Legacy.

Thanks for the link!

:::)

::::)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

Cool...glad at least one person found the link useful. Out of all the free Go games out there, that one looks and plays the best.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Just watching the History channel about 70's technology, they said Atari is a term that comes from the game Go when it's determined that a piece will be captured on the next turn (or something like that).
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

When you play the Igowin version and you attempt to place your piece in a spot where it will immediately be captured, a message pops up screen that says "Illegal Suicide"....as opposed to a law-abiding "Legal Suicide", I guess.