Evolution compatibility - help needed

Got something to say about Tron Evolution?
Fluxx
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Evolution compatibility - help needed

Post by Fluxx »

I live in the UK and can't find Evolution anywhere. I've considered buying from the US but don't know if works in the UK. Any help would be most appreciated.
Right, now I'm on the grid, how do you work this thing?!?

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f13/ ... es-129323/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Evolution compatibility - help needed

Post by TronFAQ »

In the UK, the local dominant video game retailer (Game UK) made a deal with Disney so that they would be the only distributors of Tron Evolution on the PC, and then only as a digital download. Retail copies are almost impossible to obtain locally in the UK.

So if you want a retail copy on PC, you will indeed have to import it. One of our LDSO team members did just that, as he too lives in the UK. He had no trouble getting his imported copy of the game from Amazon in the US to work. However, he still felt like he completely wasted his money as he did not like the game at all. Which seems to be a common sentiment around here. Heh. }-)
Fluxx
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Re: Evolution compatibility - help needed

Post by Fluxx »

Thanks tronfaq

I might give it a go anyway. I'm such a Tron nut that I can look past the bad bits. I've actually just reinstalled 2.0 the other day after loosing all my game saves due to a fatal HD failure. I'd totaly forgotten how good it was and I can't wait to install the mods you guys have worked so hard to make. Thanks for answering my question tronfaq, and have a great Christmas and New Year to all you LDSO crew. T-)
Right, now I'm on the grid, how do you work this thing?!?

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f13/ ... es-129323/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;