Tron Evoloution Game All platforms thread

Got something to say about Tron Evolution?
Load81
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Tron Evoloution Game All platforms thread

Post by Load81 »

Have you ever seen something so good on a menu, but know that it will probably cost you at the end...probably waking up the next day with the runs? That's what happened with me and Evolution. I read the reviews and opinions on our boards. But even after being warned, boy it sure looked good on the menu. I knew it may react negatively with my stomach, but I thought, how bad could it be? Well, after going through about oh, I guess 15 minutes of the game...I quit. I had to jump into an empty 2.0 server just to cleanse my palette. But like many dishes, I must try it again...hell maybe it will get better as time goes on and i'll get immune to the effects.

However, there is a bright spot to this game. Call it the Pepto Bismol of Evolution...multiplayer. I jumped into a quick game of Team Deathmatch, or whatever it was called, and it was much more fun than the actual game. Yes, a lot of it is keyboard mashing and rapid button clicking, but it was much more exciting than what I experienced earlier.

Anyways, as a member of this board and the Tron community, I felt obligated to buy the game and get into it. I hope to see some of you online, my tag is LOAD8. BTW, anyone know if you can chat in the PC version?

-LOAD
ldso:// Load"*",8,1
http://www.fraglesstees.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ldso.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

No chat in PC version...mainly playing XBox kids with their headsets on, I think.

Multiplayer IS the saving grace of the game. I'm at the very end of single player, and it did take me a while to get into it, but I ended up enjoying it somewhat. It adds more to the story of Clu and his turn on Flynn. You end up playing through the Purge and some new things are brought to light. In the movie, Quorra mentions a "compassionate program" that saved her, and I believe she is speaking of the character you play in the game.

Anyway, multiplayer is really cool and Tron.dll is a tank whore and my gamertag (once again) is BiledriverXIII.

It's a new Tron game, people...dig it for what it is, not what you were expecting it to be.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I kept looking for a chat key, I don't get it why there isn't one. You can set up your PC mic to do verbal chat, maybe they figured typing is really useless these days, and distracting. Now I have to distract people in my house. And there's no team chat apparently.

We need a section on game tactics. How the heck do you kill a tank? I really hate those guys in them, especially when they sit on top of your spawn point. How they could ever design a map to permit that is beyond me.

I suppose it isn't any better, but kinda funny if you draw a trail with your cycle in front of a spawn point to hold them in.

Man this game needs some maps bad. I want to play multi-level cycle maps with circular staircases like the movie.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

If I'm on tonight, I'll show you how to kill tanks. Two passes and they're done. I actually look for them on the map to take them out for a quick derez, but you might have to wait until you level up some to be able to do it.