Tron Evoloution Game All platforms thread

Got something to say about Tron Evolution?
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Re: Tron Evoloution Game All platforms thread

Post by HangmanEXE »

My older system is this...

XP Service Pack3
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHZ
3.25 gb of standard older ram (not ddr anything)
Ati Radeon HD 3400 HD - 512mb
Realtek HD Audio Output
But no net connection on that PC

...think it will be able to run Evolution?
In my day we didn't need these fancy R,G,B, LCD an 3D colors!
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

The game might be a bit slow on an ATI 3400, but it will work. I think the lack of an Internet connection will be a problem, though.

I'm not sure, but the game might force you to create a Games for Windows Live account before you can play. I think you have to enter a serial number that activates the game through the internet. After that though, you should be able to play the game offline from that point forward if you don't want to play Multiplayer.
utengineer
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Yellow

Post by utengineer »

HangmanEXE wrote:My older system is this...

XP Service Pack3
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHZ
3.25 gb of standard older ram (not ddr anything)
Ati Radeon HD 3400 HD - 512mb
Realtek HD Audio Output
But no net connection on that PC

...think it will be able to run Evolution?
Why can't you hook up to the internet? The rest of your PC is fine, except for the video card. Even with a 3450, you should be able to run the game at its lowest graphic setting.
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Where I live now my (only) option for internet is dialup, or dsl with AT&T. BUT, AT&T has a max DSL services limit capacity on the road where I live an it full up. I am on a no known time signup callback list. I am currently doing all my net surfing via wifi leeching on a 27% signal my PS3....my only way to be online saddly.
...an before anyone says it, I spent weeks checking EVERY possible provider. My residence is to blocked by mtns to sat net, cant get thru tv net ppl due to loosers down road who were stealing tv an caused them to refuse service within 300ft of his residence , an the list goes on...... welcome to my world.

-EDIT- UPDATE!!! AT&T just approved me for 3mb DSL!! YAY!!! They come to hook me up on the 14th.
Last edited by HangmanEXE on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A program was happy to process 15 megacycles just to get to use monochrome display! You program's today wouldn't know a hard microcycles work if it came up and derez'd ya from behind!
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

So, whats my main issue then before I could run the game on better settings? Get ddr2/3 ram? or newer vid card? Both?

-Edit- Well , much to my suprise , one of my friends dropped by today and gave me my christmas gift early.

TRON Evolution -PS3 version

While I love the gift, the fact that its a non-PC version (mods not an option) an, after FAQ's blog review I am more than a little hesitant about starting this game on my PS3?
I guess it can be a tide-me-over till I can get my PC up to better specs before I buy th PC game. If anyone else has the PS3 version as well, feel free to add my PSN ID (SupersonicShark).

Hangman.EXE
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

When I wrote that on my blog, it was actually before the game came out. So it was a prediction of what the game would be like, based on previews. Now that I have the game, and have read all the reviews, I'd say I called it. It's simply not very good.

It's for die-hard Tron fans like us, only. If anyone has the patience, wait until the price on Evolution drops. I'm certain the price of all versions of the game will be slashed within a month or two. It's going to bomb.

Since the PC version was only $30, I don't feel quite so ripped-off as if I had paid $60 for it. Or even $130 for the Collector's Edition.

Eventually, members of LDSO will probably try to see if modding Evolution is feasible at all. But for the moment, I don't think anyone except me has it yet?
utengineer
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Yellow

Post by utengineer »

tronfaq wrote:But for the moment, I don't think anyone except me has it yet?
I have the PC version and like it. As a fan of the story, it its nice to see this game tie in to the movie so well. I haven't got far in to the campaign, but I am a multiplayer at heart. So far I have met some really cool people online and learn some good jump moves. Some fo the guys at level 15+ are pulling off some powerful combos with the disc. I tried the lightcycle for a few minutes and got smoked.

I need to fine tune my Loadouts, and that will come in time as my XP increases.
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

tronfaq wrote: Eventually, members of LDSO will probably try to see if modding Evolution is feasible at all. But for the moment, I don't think anyone except me has it yet?
The first store I went to on 12/7 didn't have it on PC. The second store did though that I hit up on Thursday. I picked it up for $30 at Fry's Electronic Superstore. I've been playing the single player mode only so far. The game is ok, pretty fast pace and cinematic but won't have much replay value. Enviroments are pretty boring. Character models, FX and shaders are cool though.

As for modding, I have been digging around in the CookedPC folder...
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by Cryogen »

zook_one wrote:As for modding, I have been digging around in the CookedPC folder...
You can easy extract the packages using umodel! then use the assets in other maps as i have done :D i rebuilt a small map in the UDK and in the process of building a environment in mirrors edge! you can mod the game using a similar method................................... :arrow:

http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

yep, umodel is what I found and have I've been using so far. The forum that Gildor setup is helpful for tips.
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Cryogen »

zook_one wrote:The forum that Gildor setup is helpful for tips
Yeah! i have posts on that forum! back in the day i found umodel a little hard to use though* now its like second nature :D .... also having 3Ds max with ActorX plugin will help! with importing/exporting Skeletal/StaticMesh psk*
and re-animating or modding the assets in other ways :D i think blender has a psk importer but from memory it does not function very well................ :arrow:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX.html
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

One step ahead of you there too. ActorX script works well. Haven't firgured it all out yet but easy enough to import models.
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Cryogen »

zook_one wrote:One step ahead of you there too. ActorX script works well. Haven't firgured it all out yet but easy enough to import models.
Well! actually i have been using actorX for years! and also working with all aspects of the unreal engine* as im a huge unreal enigne enthusiast! but whatever!! i will bow out of this fight! as i was unaware i was in some kind of childish let's see who can mod evolution first race :( was just trying to add some practical advice and suggestions for the people that may not have year's of experience working with the unreal engine as i do! good luck to everyone in trying new thing's and maybe being able to mod the game 100% but i see how this is going a trun out ldso team will race to be the first to successfully mod evolution making it there "metaphorically" creative intellectual property! just as tron2.0 has become ........ and this in itself is extremely sad and unfortunate.
zook_one
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by zook_one »

Your interpretation of my posting was not what I intended. But I can see how you reacted to it that way. Sorry to tick you off, that wasn’t my intention. I just thought it was funny that we both arrived to same conclusion on the available tools at the same time.

Posting them as a resource for others to find was perfect. We need to get folks around here organized as to what might be possible in Moding TRON Evolution

-Z
HangmanEXE
Registered users
Registered users

Post by HangmanEXE »

Greetings Programs

Well I just beat Evo on PS3....
...I gotta say that it didnt look or feel much like TRON, except for when I was in disc combat, or tank combat. Other than that ...(shivers at frustrating flashbacks). I just gotta ask, did anyone else think everything looked like UT with "slight" neon highlights?

...an I do mean slight, my town has more neon than this game.

...where were the TRON colors? I felt sterilized throughout the playthru.
...plus no J bridges doin his character... dang...major takeaway from the game quality.

...an lastly, BUT BY "NO" MEANS LEAST....
the GOD AWFUL
----"NONSTOP"
-------FLIPLY-FLOPLY-JUMP/CLIMB-TO-GET-AROUND setup, that gave you (0) exploration factor.

WHICH seemed intentionally made in a "do it like we programmed ONLY kind of way or you die [WHICH YOU WILL DO ALOT ANYWAY].

....(has another flashbacks involving missed jumps at places right before checkpoints... ..shivers)....

(curls up into fetal position an weeps )....

....there's no place like 2.0.
....there's no place like 2.0

HangmanEXE