Tron Evoloution Game All platforms thread

Got something to say about Tron Evolution?
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Re: Tron Evoloution Game All platforms thread

Post by Cryogen »

zook_one wrote:We need to get folks around here organized as to what might be possible in Moding TRON Evolution
Yes! we now have a clean page to work from a platform for everyone to inject ideas! not just the godlike selected few* honestly i really dont give two $h!ts about clans and fitting into some type of childish ideology! really i prefer to work alone but i am fully open to sharing my discoveries with everyone! and not pasting some bullshit name on everything/i think we are in a very lucky position at this forum and at this point in time :D there are many talented people that freqant here! with many skill sets im not! and will never! put myself above anybody just because i have skills the next person does not! we need to just get on with things to start building the tron game we all want to play! :arrow:
Last edited by Cryogen on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floven1
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by floven1 »

hmm

2.2 intel core 2 duo
intel graphics with shared video memory
4 gb of ram
well more than a hundred gigs of hard drive free space

runs starcraft 2 fairly well with base everything except textures (medium, 1 level up from base)

how would the game do on my comp?

EDIT: OOP critical detail
its a laptop (hp, btw)
mental block

no sig comes to mind

end of line
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

Cryogen wrote:im not! and will never! put myself above anybody just because i have skills the next person does not!
Well, this is exactly our ideology/philosophy here (which at least brought us to the point to form a clan, it don't has to be a 'childish point of view' for creating clans). We never want(ed) to claim, that we were the first or best. People should just have the same fun with that what we create(d), as we do. And everybody is welcomed to be on board for exchanging knowledge, ideas and creativity. I can just hope that everyone is aware of that.
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan

Post by TronFAQ »

floven1 wrote:2.2 intel core 2 duo
intel graphics with shared video memory
4 gb of ram
well more than a hundred gigs of hard drive free space
I'm afraid it's the Intel graphics that will keep you from running Evolution. Everything else on that laptop is good enough to run the game.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: White

Post by deeahchur »

I'm on board for mapping/modding Evolution and still working on 2.0 projects, as well. Gotta get Evolution first.

:::)

::::)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Tz) / / Incompatable Program detected
Tk| / / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
T=| "Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Cryogen »

deeahchur wrote:I'm on board for mapping/modding Evolution and still working on 2.0 projects, as well. Gotta get Evolution first.
Well! again! everyone should download the UDK! and start using the unreal engine3 :D then when and if the editor works out of tron evolution: people will be familiar with the editors functions.......... :arrow:
Inode
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Inode »

Cryogen wrote:im not! and will never! put myself above anybody just because i have skills the next person does not!
Heh, I think you just did.

Inode
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Cryogen »

Inode wrote:Heh, I think you just did.
Nope! just stating the obvious not everyone is going to have a copy of unreal tournament 3 so they can use the editor* so the best chance people have is to get the UDK to start practicing world building with unreal enigne 3 :D i made a post many many months ago when the UDK first became public! as i really like the unreal engine :D anyway that was way before anyone even knew what engine the new tron game would run under* again i hoped it was the the unreal engine and i got my wish :D yes! im very accomplished at using the unreal engine/UDK though im not "placing myself above anybody" i would really just like to help people get started with the UDK so we all can start working out ways to mod tron evolution!! :arrow:
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

FYI: I have since had a chance to borrow Evolution from a friend, but my computer cannot run the game; my system just can't handle it. I updated drivers, firmware, etcetera, but none of it is good enough.

On the bright side, I listened through the dialogue tracks to follow the story, and I extracted the soundtrack. I'm going to use the text files to identify the soundtrack, at the very least, if anyone is interested.
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

If VGChartz is correct, Tron Evolution is a massive bomb. It's maybe only sold twice as many copies as Tron 2.0 to date. If you take into account the enormous marketing budget and versions across three platforms, this is very bad. No wonder the price on all versions of the game has been dropping already.

PC Sales
360 Sales
PS3 Sales

Of course, the low PC sales aren't helped by the fact that FINDING a retail copy of the PC version for sale is almost impossible outside of the U.S. I actually had to order my copy from Amazon.com. Plus, Evolution has yet to be released in countries like Germany where PC games traditionally still sell well.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

tronfaq wrote:If VGChartz is correct, Tron Evolution is a massive bomb.
That's because there's no blood, unlockable hats, zombie vomit, or hidden dimes to use at the payphone to call in an airstrike. People these days just like playing the same games over and over. Call Of Duty 37 will still sell ten million copies on pre-order, while anything outside the norm will just collect dust on the shelves.

Of course, the single player mode in Tron Evolution doesn't make a good argument for itself, but the multi-player games are a lot of fun. I'll definitely be playing it for a long time, as long as there are others to connect with.
deeahchur
Registered users
Registered users

Post by deeahchur »

I'll probably be a latecomer to Evolution, since my current PC system can't run the game. That leaves me off THAT Grid until I can afford AND acquire a better system. You all enjoy it, though! This group, gratefully, has a way of keeping Tron alive, no matter what form it takes, so I'm not too worried from that angle.

:::)

::::)
Ti| / / S C A N N I N G
Meatsack
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Meatsack »

I, also, do not have the hardware capability to run UT3, or T:E on my PC. :p
So I bought the game for my 360, just to play it.

As it stands, I don't see much moddability(?) to it aside from new maps.
Perhaps the ever-popular "zombie mode" with the corrupted programs spawning from walls nonstop?
Otherwise, I just see making a side story for a rogue program or ISO trying to survive in a world of genocide.
I just don't see getting another user into that system by accident. Flynn kept that place tight.

But anyway, I think I'm going to have to sit this one out.
As always, I'll be around to pitch in my bits if anyone decides to move on modding T:E.
Maybe I'll look into working on the User Error story in the meantime. We'll see.
This space intentionally left blank.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member

Post by TronFAQ »

I just realized something. Disney has repeated another one of their previous mistakes, that could have helped sell more copies of Evolution.

For Tron 2.0, Disney had prepared ads for the game that were intended to be shown in front of Disney films. Can you imagine how much additional exposure 2.0 would have received, if they had done this? It probably would have sold a lot better. But, as you can tell from what I just said, they didn't use the ads.

And they're doing it again. They could have shown an ad for Evolution in front of Tron Legacy and other Disney films. But they didn't. Such a missed opportunity.

Regarding the sales of both games, for Tron 2.0 I can only guess at the numbers. Disney kept the sales of 2.0 confidential. Considering it was referred to as neither being a huge success, nor a dismal failure, my best guess is that it sold around 100,000 copies on the PC. (The Xbox version did far worse, because the price on that version was dramatically slashed a couple of weeks after release.)

Now back when 2.0 was released, expectations were somewhat different. Additionally, the game was only released on one platform. (At least at first.) Back in 2003, sales of 500,000 or more was considered a great success. Sales of 200,000 was considered not bad. Sales of 100,000 was OK but disappointing. Less than that was a failure. (For example, in 2005 The Matrix Online only sold 40,000 copies.)

Today, expectations have basically increased tenfold. A game has to sell at least 1 million for it to have done OK. Sales of 2 million is pretty good. Sales of more than 2 million is a great success.

So for Evolution to have only sold about 200,000 copies across three platforms in its first month? That is a huge disaster. Especially when you consider the development and marketing costs for Tron Evolution will have been much higher than on Tron 2.0. On top of that, you've got the simultaneous release of the film to whip people into a Tron frenzy. Which is something that 2.0 didn't have.

For the sales numbers of Evolution on the PC, I'm betting that sales from Direct2Drive and other digital download outlets aren't being included. I think those are just physical retail copies. Which would help explain why they're so low. Again, good luck finding a retail copy outside of the U.S. right now.
xistence
[LDSO] Site Admin
[LDSO] Site Admin

Post by xistence »

In days of iPods, ~Pads, ~Craps and more, the awareness and notification time range of most pps are, well, like of a goldfish. They just forgot all the stuff in the next few seconds, as their brains got spammed with the next advertisments. About the succes of T:E, we'll have to see, just one month after release... maybe to short to estimate at all.
But: compared to T2.0 - where just after releasing the demo the server were full, only because of mouth propagande - it is a difference. Also as there was never such an advertisment 'flood' and spam. And even right now i hear from a lot of pps that they already lost their intrests, just after such a short time. And in T2.0 they kept playing at least for 1-2 years very constantly. Pulls a 'hmmmm' out of me at least, and makes me think again, as customer, if i would be willing to buy such an expensive game, with such less capabilities (modding, gamemodes, gameplay, story, .etc).
ldso:// - Living Dead System Operators
[2.0PD] - 2.0 Program Developers
blog