Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Rocking Legacy!

Post by Cryogen »

Hi! if anyone wants to arrange a game let me know :o my program is "DeftFeline39" on live! ::0
GridGame 2010-12-22 23-55-08-04.jpg
GridGame 2010-12-23 04-06-16-28.jpg
GridGame 2010-12-22 23-53-43-83.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Rocking Legacy!

Post by Avi »

I just bought it today, right before seeing the movie for the third time.

My gamertag is BiledriverXIII.

I really like how they put cycles and discs together so that you can throw your disc from your cycle or jump off the LC and fight other players on foot. I played a level that was discs only, and it didn't take long before I had the top score at the end of every round. The combos are pretty easy to get used to, and I don't agree that it's just a lot of button mashing. Certain circumstances dictate if you should use power moves or take defensive stances.

The one thing that I miss is one on one disc battles. This mainly has deathmatch/team deathmatch games, so there are a lot of people running around all the time. You could be battling someone in a corner somewhere and a disc hits you in the head from behind. Suddenly, you're surrounded, but that just makes it more challenging. The bad part about this feature is that you might get hit ten times with a disc before you're derezzed, which as any Tron fan knows, is B.S.

I think it's a cool game, mainly for the multi-player (single player mode didn't do much for me.) I bought mine for 30 bucks at Best Buy, which is 25% cheaper than downloading it from Microsoft. The box version also comes with a code that gives you a new player skin and two MP maps.

I'm about to finish my New Year's rum and coke and get back on the grid. You have to admit, this is an exciting time for those of us that have been on the grid when the rest of the world forgot all about Tron.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

I still need to try multiplayer. Maybe I'll at least feel I got my money's worth there. Because single player in Evolution was a write-off. I'm glad I only spent $30 on this game.

I doubt I'll purchase much, if any, of the DLC for Evolution. Don't feel like spending any more money on it right now.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I think I made a slight mistake in getting Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids for Wii. I should have read that it didn't have online play, and don't know what other differences there are. Noticed that it's a completely different developer from the other versions. I'm sure I'm not the first to fall into this. I don't think you can get off the cycle either and fight on foot. Seems oriented for 11 yr olds, but cycles is fun, and I'll always miss 1st person arena, not even close to 2.0.

I guess it is a completely different game from other platforms http://g4tv.com/games/wii/64031/tron-ev ... ds/review/
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

Yes, the Wii version is its own game. Someone told me that Battle Grids was more fun than Evolution, but I like playing online against other players so I had to go with Evolution. I still miss one on one disc arena, but Tron 2.0 has that covered. The trick , as always, is to find people to play with.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

One negative thing about online multiplayer is the inclusion of tanks as playable vehicles. This brings about the never-before-seen aspect of "tank whores" to the grid. People jump into these giant things and just sit there, firing at anything that moves...sometimes even camping spawn points and racking up easy kills. I found a simple way to derez them using a combination of cycle moves and disc upgrades, but it is still a nuisance to have to focus on one single opponent for a period of time.

For more information about tank whoring, send a private message to Tron.dll.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

Avi wrote:For more information about tank whoring, send a private message to Tron.dll.
LOL. :D

What I was afraid of, and heard is the case, is a lack of matchmaking. The game will match up people, even if they have XP levels that are worlds apart. How is it fair for someone at level 10 to be matched against someone at level 20?

This is where 2.0 made more sense, because even in Derez the playing field was fairly even. Everyone started at the same level, and everyone had the chance to upgrade to the same enhancements. The only problems were spawn kills and the subroutine powerup locations not being randomized.

But I guess there aren't even enough players to be able to match similar XP levels, even if Evolution was capable of it.
Avi
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Avi »

Yes, people are frequently paired up against others that have much higher/lower skill levels, but I noticed that when I derez someone at level 50, the XP I collect is far greater than what I would get from someone on the same level as I am. This may not be true, but it has appeared to be the case so far. If this is true, then by playing people that have more upgrades, a person is able to upgrade faster by beating them...which still isn't that hard. I finished in first place for 4 consecutive rounds last night against people that were double or triple my skill level.

It is possible to create games that include only people on your friend list. I'm not sure if it blocks out strangers from joining, or if it shows up in the main server list at all. Perhaps myself and Tron.dll will try it soon to see if others are able to join without being on our list.
Cryogen
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Orange
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by Cryogen »

Anyone still playing? i still play though a little sporadically Tc) so hope to run into a few of you at some point!! look for Cryogen4000!! :-D see you on the grid...