EDSTU201
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Server hosting question

Post by EDSTU201 »

Do I need a powerful PC to do it? I have a old ThinkPad T22 laptop (P3 800-E, 256MB RAM and Win2k/Puppy Linux dualboot) which I could use to host 24/7

Also, nice forum, already knew of Tron but never found out about Tron 2.0 until early this year.

EDIT: TRONFAQ, i'm the guy who asked to translate Tron 2.0 to Dutch, btw, i'm about 5-10% done.
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Re: Server hosting question

Post by TronFAQ »

Do you need powerful hardware? Nope. The LDSO servers run on an old AMD Athlon system using Windows XP. The dedicated server software will work on Windows 2000, and can also run in Linux by using WINE.
EDSTU201 wrote:EDIT: TRONFAQ, i'm the guy who asked to translate Tron 2.0 to Dutch, btw, i'm about 5-10% done.
Thanks, I look forward to the day when the translation is finished. T-) Like I said, I'll add you to the mod credits once it's been integrated.
EDSTU201
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Lightcycles

Post by EDSTU201 »

TronFAQ wrote:Do you need powerful hardware? Nope. The LDSO servers run on an old AMD Athlon system using Windows XP. The dedicated server software will work on Windows 2000, and can also run in Linux by using WINE.
EDSTU201 wrote:EDIT: TRONFAQ, i'm the guy who asked to translate Tron 2.0 to Dutch, btw, i'm about 5-10% done.
Thanks, I look forward to the day when the translation is finished. T-) Like I said, I'll add you to the mod credits once it's been integrated.
Going to install T2.0 on that TP soon then, any idea what gamemode I should run?

(EOL)
TronFAQ
[LDSO] Member
[LDSO] Member
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Cyan
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Deathmatch

Post by TronFAQ »

What I'll say is that Light Cycles has always been the most popular mode. With Disc Arena being a close second. Meanwhile, Derez has been the least popular. Part of the reason for that is because Derez wasn't in the game at release, but added later via a patch.

I'm hoping that when Killer App v1.2 is released, it will breathe a bit of life into Derez. Because that's where a lot of additions and improvements in the mod will be. New weapons, new powerups, increased health and energy at spawn, less chance of spawn killing, less opportunity to hoard powerups, etc.