Tron Link

Tips & Tricks for DM/DA/LC
NicolA.exe

Re: Tron Link

Post by NicolA.exe »

And i thought you people don't play Tron 2.0 anymore. :)
Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

NicolA.exe wrote:And i thought you people don't play Tron 2.0 anymore. :)
Heh-heh ;)

Just to let you all know, I got my dedicated Ubuntu Linux box up this weekend. :D Just waiting to hear back from Daddyo running the TronLink server in Perl on it. So, it will be offline until I come back to this thread.
Jizaboz

Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

OK, server is now up for good ::::) See the first page of this thread for download link, etc.
Jizaboz

Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Don't forget the rantpack here http://www.filefront.com/user/DaddyoTron, for further details check out http://www.tronlink.net
Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

OK, I give up on figuring this out... I thought I did it once before.

How in the world can I change my name? I slipped up typing in my login name so now my login name is my password :/ I've uninstalled the tronlink client, deleted the folder, and even deleted every single registry entry under the "tronlink" search string on the client machine and deleted this bad users entry from the masterlist on the server. But every time I re-install my TronLink client.. BAM, there it is again.. the wrong name.

I know the name change within the config still isn't functioning, but there has to be a log or config file laying around somewhere I'm missing and need to clear out. This is why I haven't actually been on Tronlink since I got the server back online.. I refuse to hangout on there with my rather dirty-sounding password as my name LOL Other users may have this issue as well so I'd like to get it covered in this thread.

P.S. Adding the rantpack to the first post of the thread.

P.S.S. Maybe I could get added to your "contributers" section on tronlink.net, eh Daddyo? ;)
Jizaboz

Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I PM'd you. Sure I'll certainly add you, I gotta modify the raw html since I dont have that web page editor anymore, so gimme a bit.
Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

LOL Always used ol' Notepad or Crimson editor myself and sometimes just get lazy about updating my own homepage, so I know where you are coming from. Thanks for the response.

I'll be on this weekend... if the ice doesn't knock out my electricity (if the server is down for a bit, you know why) hope to see some other Tron players!
Jizaboz

Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

sounds like fun, game on!
jrronimo
Registered users
Registered users
Do you own a copy of Tron 2.0?: Yes
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Green
What type of multiplayer do you like to play?: Disc Arena

Post by jrronimo »

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this game alive. :D I loved it from the demo and it's been a while since I've even installed it... but I'm installing right now. :)

Hopefully I'll run into you guys online sometime.
Jizaboz
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Jizaboz »

Ran into some dudes last night over Tronlink! Was reminded how weak my LC skillz are lol
Jizaboz

Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

I just realized the rant pack wasn't on filefront anymore, so i put it back up http://www.filefront.com/user/DaddyoTron

Try it out, it's a ton of fun. Install info is on http://www.tronlink.net
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

It just occurred to me that either Tronfaq's server listing program or Tronlink could potentially switch to the appropriate mod when you join a server. You'd never have to think about what mod is needed to join a particular map/server.

If people get heavy into doing more mods it might be worthwhile.
artao
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by artao »

I went to download Tron Link, both from the links provided in this thread, and through tronlink.net. The links in this thread do not work, filefront gives an error. The link through tronlink.net only shows some program called Stargates, described as "Stargate repro game done with Microsoft Small Basic" ... this does not appear to be the Tron Link app.
Is this still available?? I long to play online, it's been many many years. I used to be fairly proficient at disc arena.
Hopefully, this app is still available. Hopefull, people are using it.
I just checked, and it looks like there's some servers up running Killer App. Guess I'll go in there and just wait around for awhile then. I may also put my own server up now and then, but not having a dedicated computer for it, that would be pretty sporadic.
Daddyo
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Daddyo »

Thanks for mentioning that, Filefront deletes files when they go below some download rate. Tronlink and the rant pack are both up there again at http://www.filefront.com/user/DaddyoTron. Don't forget to scan for viruses on any download...I check them even when I upload.

I rarely spot people on Tronlink, but the weird thing is that there were 15 hits on the Tronlink site today, there's rarely a single hit in a given day. Maybe it'll be popular again, and someone will want to make a modern version, or re-skin for the Legacy look.
artao
Registered users
Registered users
What is your favorite Tron character color?: Blue

Post by artao »

Thank you Thank you!! Looks like each has had 2 downloads (3 including me) since you put 'em back up.
Curious, what exactly does the rant-pack do?